Author Topic: More bad press - maybe ?  (Read 13270 times)

seniorgeek

• Life Member
Re: More bad press - maybe ?
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2013, 03:32:44 AM »
"rights" VS "privilege" is depended on whether you respect and honor the constitution along with your political thinking.
In my interpretation of the constitution based on the definition of the English words written, it is a "right". 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2013, 09:57:23 AM »
Joe's very reality-oriented.
Here in Delaware, it clearly isn't a "right..." not when it costs $500+ and takes months to maybe get a permit...
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2013, 12:34:07 PM »
We do have "The Right" to carry in this state without paying any money. Its called "Open Carry" and there are some who choose to do so..
New Castle County

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2013, 02:15:46 PM »
Here in Delaware, it clearly isn't a "right..." not when it costs $500+ and takes months to maybe get a permit...

Agreed that the state ( and many others) have issues with rights, but I would hope a supposed pro-gun lawyer would not consider carrying a gun a privilege.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2013, 09:54:09 PM »

Agreed that the state ( and many others) have issues with rights, but I would hope a supposed pro-gun lawyer would not consider carrying a gun a privilege.

I can't speak for Joe Hurley, but I interpreted his statement as factual, not aspirational.
The fact is that Delaware doesn't recognize our right to keep and bear arms. In reality, we are a "privileged" few who have the money, the time, the determination and the squeaky-clean background necessary for our state to begrudgingly grant us the "privilege" to carry concealed deadly weapons.

If I read it correctly, Mr. Hurley was reminding us of that situation, and also demanding that the State better define the bounds of the "privilege" to help keep us from being prosecuted... and, apparently, he's getting some results on that score.

I'm pretty sure Joe's not anti-gun. Not at all.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2013, 01:46:49 AM »

I can't speak for Joe Hurley, but I interpreted his statement as factual, not aspirational.
The fact is that Delaware doesn't recognize our right to keep and bear arms. In reality, we are a "privileged" few who have the money, the time, the determination and the squeaky-clean background necessary for our state to begrudgingly grant us the "privilege" to carry concealed deadly weapons.

If I read it correctly, Mr. Hurley was reminding us of that situation, and also demanding that the State better define the bounds of the "privilege" to help keep us from being prosecuted... and, apparently, he's getting some results on that score.

I'm pretty sure Joe's not anti-gun. Not at all.

Oh I dont think he is anti-gun.

I just think his choice of words is similar to one of us saying "assault rifle" that was one of the first things I was told not to refer to tactical rifles like ar-15's as because its used by the anti's.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2013, 04:00:57 PM »
The proper term is "Modern Sporting Rifle" and it sounds cool...
New Castle County

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2013, 06:05:02 PM »
Diane Feinstein invented the term "assualt rifle" to define the rifles she wanted to ban.

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2013, 07:09:55 PM »
The proper term is "Modern Sporting Rifle" and it sounds cool...

Your right it is cool.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2013, 08:51:24 PM »
Diane probably thinks AR stands for Assault Rifle, instead of Armalite rifle. Lot of anti gunners do.
New Castle County

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2013, 03:18:28 AM »
Diane probably thinks AR stands for Assault Rifle, instead of Armalite rifle. Lot of anti gunners do.

Considering she probably thinks Obama is a good president ( er king) I would say she has very flawed logic.

ESPMan

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2013, 01:51:02 PM »

Considering she probably thinks Obama is a good president ( er king) I would say she has very flawed logic.

Have you seen the pictures of her at her "rallies?" She obviously has no idea what she is talking about, and has absolutely ZERO safe handling skills when it comes to safe firearm handling. She seriously needs to go away.
The greatest threat to any society is its ignorance and inaction towards the evil that dwells within it.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2013, 02:37:27 AM »
She'll never go away and likely still be here during the next Ice Age.

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2013, 10:59:07 PM »
She'll never go away and likely still be here during the next Ice Age.

Haha, I agree!
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2013, 06:51:01 AM »

Sorry, but he was NOT a law abiding citizen.  That is why the AG was going forward with this.
As holders of CCDW(s), we NEED to know the laws of the States we are in.

When I go to camp (in Maryland) I stop before the check point unload and run a cable lock through it.  Then continue.
I think next week when I go back I'll just leave it loaded and concealed.  I have 2 excuses...  1. I'm a law abiding
citizen and 2. I was only in Md for 5 miles.

[/quote]

I have to agree with Radnor on this one.  Anytime I've traveled to or through another state, I do my research. This guy was not a law abiding citizen. I think most if not all of you will agree that carrying concealed is a HUGE responsibility.  IMO, part of that responsibility includes knowing the gun laws of the state youre working, driving through, or moving to and will carry in.  I don't think this guy had ill intentions, but I do believe the law is clearer than what this article wants everyone to believe. 

Just my two cents FWIW.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident