Author Topic: Post Office Property?  (Read 5864 times)

seniorgeek

• Life Member
Post Office Property?
« on: July 11, 2013, 11:42:44 AM »
A federal judge in Colorado stated that you have the right to carry on USPS property but not in the building.
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_23634504?source=pophome
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

rhett4

Re: Post Office Property?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 03:53:12 PM »
That's a bit of good news.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 12:12:56 AM »
If truly concealed, who's going to know anyway?
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Bmel17

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 01:54:32 AM »
If truly concealed, who's going to know anyway?

Those who truly do not wish to break the law.  It's a @@@@ shame too, I agree in your sentiment that we should be able to carry there.

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 06:08:03 AM »
I always wondered about why the post office was a no carry zone ( then remembered the phrase going postal), but in all reality crooks don't follow laws and I really wish both politicians and the sheeple would get it.

What about a loaded spare mag in your pocket at the post office?
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

demark04

• Delaware APA
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 04:22:04 PM »
Here is a Pic of the sign at the Postal Distribution Center in New Castle.  Yes I know not the best quality.  From what I can see, it does not say anything about ammunition or magazines, but it does mention explosives.  Would Ammo be considered explosives?  My only comment would be that if you are not carrying a weapon, why would you need a spare Mag on you? 

[attachment deleted by admin]
DE, PA, FL, CCDW
New Castle County

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 08:18:22 PM »
Here is a Pic of the sign at the Postal Distribution Center in New Castle.  Yes I know not the best quality.  From what I can see, it does not say anything about ammunition or magazines, but it does mention explosives.  Would Ammo be considered explosives?  My only comment would be that if you are not carrying a weapon, why would you need a spare Mag on you? 

[/quote

The wife is in the car, I take my gun out and leave it and my back up on the seat. I still have both spare mags on me though. that is how you would have one while not having a gun
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

demark04

• Delaware APA
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 09:22:01 PM »
Was just curious.  So I am not stuck with Thousands of dollars at home, I go to the Bank and Post Office every day.  I carry while in the bank then go to the post office and un-holster my weapon and Mag and lock in my truck safe and lock my truck up.  Even though I just run in and grab mail out of my PO box which is in the lobby, I am not personally going to take the chance of carrying either a weapon or Mag in there (I do keep my holster on me).  That's just my .02 though.
DE, PA, FL, CCDW
New Castle County