Author Topic: And Zimmerman is not guilty. Your thoughts?  (Read 29280 times)

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Re: And Zimmerman is not guilty. Your thoughts?
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2013, 02:49:00 PM »
I feel GZ was wrong in initially following him. Should have stayed in his car, and waited for police. ... As CCDW holders, we have a duty to not instigate issues. ... But if I was on watch in my own neighborhood and saw him outside someone else's house, I would stay in my car and watch from a distance, while calling the police.

This is my point.
On this forum, there is pretty much unanimous agreement that we, as armed civilians, should AVOID confrontations.
Zimmerman sought one out.

... the last thing we need in society is a CCDW vigilante.
Like Zimmerman, you mean? I agree totally.

When new restrictions on concealed carry and self-defense are proposed, we can sign George Zimmerman's name to them.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2013, 02:52:48 PM »
I've posted on this before...

Zimmerman had no business following this kid, let alone getting out of his car and confronting him.
Maybe under Florida law he was not guilty as charged, but I'll say this in no uncertain terms:

If Trayvon Martin was my child, George Zimmerman would have only a few hours left to live.

While everyone is entitled to their opinion on the trial, this is the wrong attitude to have in a forum like this. the last thing we need in society is a CCDW vigilante.

Like it or not Oldgraygeek is entitled to his opinion......
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

Sigarms12

• deccw.com founder
  • Life Member
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2013, 02:54:45 PM »
Oldgraygeek is totally wrong in this. He obviously does not know or care about the facts presented in this case in court. This should have never gone to trial, and if it hadn't been for an overzelous politically motivated woman in the Stanford legal government, this would trial would have never happened. This case was never heard by a grand jury. If it had, it would have been dropped as self-defense then. The problem is too many people watched slanted news from such as CNN and MSNBC, who were hoping to stur up racial trouble. People like the un-Reverend Al (Tawana B.) Sharpton and the un-Reverend Jesse (runs women behind his wifes back) Jackson, and our own President Obamanation are race baiters, and never miss an opertunity to use a situation to cause divide between the races, classes, and masses.

I just hope OGG never serves on a jury, with the outlook he has shown here. The facts, as presented by the prosecution and defense are the only thing relevant. The jury as selected by the Prosecution and ok's by the Defense, has spoken. CASE CLOSED!
MOVE ON! JUSTICE FOR ALL has been served.
Strum this was heard by the Grand Jury the DA is currently under arrest for lying to the Jury and withholding evidence
" An armed society is a polite society"
I not sick, I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure.

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2013, 03:13:33 PM »

Zimmerman had no business following this kid, let alone getting out of his car and confronting him.
Maybe under Florida law he was not guilty as charged, but I'll say this in no uncertain terms:

If Trayvon Martin was my child, George Zimmerman would have only a few hours left to live.

While everyone is entitled to their opinion on the trial, this is the wrong attitude to have in a forum like this. the last thing we need in society is a CCDW vigilante.

for the record.    this is only greygeeks opinion.       not anyone else's.     
    and especially Not my opinion or  thoughts ect.       Like oj the system went through the process.    move  on.
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2013, 07:04:37 PM »
Sig,
According to articles in the Washington Post and Huffington Post both, Florida Special Prosecutor Angela Corey bypassed the Grand Jury and made a direct charge in the Zimmerman case. Her motive according to the articles was "she didn't trust the honest people of a Grand Jury" to charge Zimmerman, so she did it herself. I'm sure the reason wasd political pressure from local black groups, "Reverend" Al Sharpton, "Reverend" Jesse Jackson, and Barrack Obama's statements. Might I suggest, she wanted to use this as a political sprimgboard to higher office?
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Knotacare

• NRA Endowment Member VFW Life Member
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2013, 08:58:11 PM »
The real problem here is that the media is focusing on this & not paying attention to the real problems. This is why people will sign a petition to give up the bill of rights. I swear as I watch the yrs go by people get more brilliant by the minute.  Our whole news media is a joke and run by a few. We have so many serious problems facing us that I'm not sure anymore if we'll ever climb out of the hole. I do agree however that Zimmerman should have stayed in his car like you are told if you ever went to a neighbor hood watch class. TM was looking for trouble & he found it..a young man who punched the wrong guy & that's when he crossed the line & died for it.

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2013, 12:46:15 AM »

I will say I like and respect that 100% about this site. There are some sites that some complaints can get someone into trouble. I am proud to be a part of a group that agrees to disagree.

As Daniel Patrick Moynihan ( D-NY) once said "We are all entitled to our own opinions. We are not  entitled to our own facts"
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

carter

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2013, 11:02:14 AM »

Everyone is entitled to there opinion. IMHO anyone that posts that he would take the law into his own hands and murder someone should not have a CCDW permit.

Old gray you have made an incorrect assumption. GZ had no intent on confronting anyone. He only wanted to observe and report to the police. Thats why he is Innocent.  You unlike GZ seem to be willing to confront and murder someone. I feel much safer with GZ on the streets than you. You scare the hell out of me old gray. I hope your comments are a result of your frustration and not really true.

carter

« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2013, 11:18:21 AM »
I think the persons breaking into the homes are the ones that are responsible for TMs death. I would really like to see them convicted of the manslaughter of TM. IMHO the real persons that caused the Martins to have lost there son have not been brought to Justice.    And won't be because everyone wanted to blame GZ instead.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2013, 01:53:55 PM »
Not that I really care about the opinion of a newbie with 8 posts...
but, if you wouldn't protect or avenge your own family, maybe YOU shouldn't have a CCDW permit... or a gun. Buy a baseball bat, or a dog, instead.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2013, 02:12:39 PM »
Not that I really care about the opinion of a newbie with 8 posts...
but, if you wouldn't protect or avenge your own family, maybe YOU shouldn't have a CCDW permit... or a gun. Buy a baseball bat, or a dog, instead.

Protect, yes. Avenge, no. 
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2013, 03:25:23 PM »
I have been gone for the last 3 days and home to catch up on the forum posts.
I must say this thread has a lot of "wind" passing through. Very windy opinions. :)

It has been a most interesting read.

Each state has there CCDW laws and procedures but prudence always seems best in all occasions.
I hope we all carry for personal protection of life and property, an avoid a "situation" if at all possible. This my thought but I will be prepared IF a "situation" ever exists. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Knotacare

• NRA Endowment Member VFW Life Member
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2013, 03:45:08 PM »
I think the persons breaking into the homes are the ones that are responsible for TMs death. I would really like to see them convicted of the manslaughter of TM. IMHO the real persons that caused the Martins to have lost there son have not been brought to Justice.    And won't be because everyone wanted to blame GZ instead.

I hate to bust your bubble, but I would suspect he was one of them...he really wasn't a nice church going  almost a man. Kinda reminds me of the young man I meet in a hoody on a warm summer morning a few yrs ago. He was walking down the street coming toward me on the opposite side.  As we approached each other & were about 40 ft apart he starts coming toward me. At 20' or so I place my hand on my gun & tell him to stop as I did and asked him what he wanted. I could see he had something in his rt hand but it wasn't full light yet so I couldn't make it out. I asked him what he wanted & he said just the time dude. I told him around 0530 & do not come any closer as I started backing up. He continued to the other side of the street & continued down the street. Later that day a County Police Sargent knocked on my door & asked for a description of the hoody person. He had  broken into approx 10 cars in the area that morning. The officer & I talked for almost an hr. He was a real nice guy & was happy I was walking the neighborhood every morning & wished there were more like me. He got mine name from one of the neighbors who was robbed & sees me every morning out for a walk. So I guess this could have ended like Zimmerman had I not be aware of my surroundings & on the defense. This kid was a white drug addict so I guess it wouldn't have made the AP wire service.

formerly known as frank

• Life Member
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2013, 08:49:19 PM »
Someone here, appears only to watch MSNBC and CNN, where they only air very left oriented views of the world. This same person expressed an interest in lynching Zimmerman before the trial was over. Perhaps he did not know (only watching CNN and MSNBC), that Martin was a dope dealer, was thrown out of school twice for drug possession, and possession of jewelry also burglary tools. He was a street fighter who organised street fights, had many gang tatooes, but was portrayed by most of the media as a sweet twelve year old kid, based on the pictures they showed, convenient half truths, and ommissions of fact (as usual).
 The police and attorney general were not going to press charges, until Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson entered the picture and stirrred up liberals and blacks. The governor appointed this woman http://www.freedomwatchusa.org/zimmerman-prosecutor-angela-corey-criminally-indicted-by-cit, to take over the prosecution. She by passed a grand jury because she knew there was no winable case, witheld evidence (illegally), and fired a whistle blower who reported her illegal actions.
 In the past two days, I have seen many state and county proscuters on TV, state that this trial should never have been held, and was a gross waste of money and time. The president of the national prosecuters association was one of them.
 Travon Martin, street fighter, followed Zimmerman to his truck, punched him in the nose, knocking him down, then preceded to punch him and beat his head on the sidewalk.
Regardless of Zimmerman's actions, previous to this, if he thought his life or body were in serious danger he had a legal right to shoot. Not to mention Martin supposedly said he was going to kill Zimmerman, and Zimmerman said Martin tried to get his gun. Under these circumstances I would shoot and I bet most here would.
We will never know exactly what happened, because we only can hear Zimmerman's side of the story, BUT there clearly was not enough evidence to convict Zimmerman, and I personally salute the six women on the jury.
As far as our left-wing member is concerned, he has a right to his opinion, but should expect to be blasted on THIS site, for some of his liberal opinions.
He at times, makes good posts, and at times, not so good posts. As for me I'll simply try to ignore the left-wing posts. Maybe if he stays here long enough, he will see the light (truth) and become more moderate. If not, I'll say this, if I ever need a brain transplant, I want a liberal brain, because I know that it has had little use.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2013, 09:58:55 PM »
There has been exaggeration on both sides. Snopes website has report from the medical examiner stating he was 5'11", 154 pounds, with no tattoos. The #JusticeforTrayvon gang on twitter is listing his 3.8 GPA and acceptance to college on twitter, yet no school records have been released.
New Castle County