Author Topic: Lock Box for Car/truck - Suggestions  (Read 16882 times)

Bmel17

Re: Lock Box for Car/truck - Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2013, 01:34:53 PM »
Remember: Nothing will stop a determined thief!

The portable safe is an extra layer of security to discourage smash and grabs.

Something is better than nothing IMO

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2013, 03:37:59 PM »
Thanks for all the comments. Now I can do some educated shopping.
Reviews from owners,especially this forum are incredibly helpful.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2013, 11:56:14 PM »
Remember, spending $150.00 will not necessasarily make your gun safer that $30.00.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2013, 03:33:24 AM »
First, let me say that I spent more than I probably should have, however, I believe everyone should buy the highest quality safe they can afford. For each person, that is different. I do think that you can get away with less expensive safe's than the one I purchased.  Because I was looking for a multiple gun safe, I had to pay more.  If I was looking for a single gun safe, I'd probably have gone with this one: http://www.amazon.com/Portable-Case-Safes-Storage-Accessories/dp/B007X0QENW/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&qid=1374118164&sr=8-23&keywords=gun+safe+for+car

Adrenolin, I have looked at that. I don't think that anyone is going to be able to pull that off without drawing some attention.  The only time I have my firearm locked in there is when I'm traveling through states where my permit doesn't allow me to carry concealed.  SO, ideally, I'm with my car most of the time that it's in there. 

I agree, more expensive doesn't always mean better - but it did let me pick the safe that I wanted.  Also, yes, nothing will stop a determined thief. 

Just my two cents!

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2013, 07:02:22 PM »
If you only have 30$ or so get the smaller one. I have one in my truck and our older classic car. I will be upgrading them both to a double one like Moosie first mentioned. Two reasons.. Both the wife and myself have applied for our CCDW permits so it makes sense that it will hold at least 2, and my PPQ with its rounded handle doesn't fit in the singles by like 2mm.  >:(

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2013, 09:33:36 PM »
FIY  -  Stopped by Lawman Supply and was pretty much given the old shoulder shrug.  No effort to help a customer get a lock box.  Appeared too busy to bother with customers.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

JOET

• Life Member
New Castle County

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2013, 11:23:04 PM »
Obleo,

That is nothing new about Lawmens. While I've purchased things there before, it's usually as a last resort. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Trapper

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2013, 12:17:30 AM »
FIY  -  Stopped by Lawman Supply and was pretty much given the old shoulder shrug.  No effort to help a customer get a lock box.  Appeared too busy to bother with customers.

I stopped in there one day when I was off during the week. (Because they have bankers hours) I was looking for a holster for my XDS, I was trying to give my dollar to a local business. The two guys at the desk never took their eyes off of the tv. I asked if they could recomend something.  The younger of the two guys, without taking his eyes from the tv just shrugged and said "we might be getting some in". I told them "apparently my money is no good here" and left.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 12:19:44 AM by Trapper »
Esophageal Atresia Awareness

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2013, 02:21:36 AM »
Customer service or lack there of will surely kil la local business.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2013, 03:55:42 PM »
The Gun Vault that Mossie pictured in her comment is the one I have and got it from Amazon also. It is really great. My truck doesn't have a lock on the glove box or console, so this fits nicely into my console and the cable goes arounf the seat mount. If I wanted to use it in my car, I just unloop the cable and reloop in my car and I'm ready to go. I perfer the key lock to the combo lock. I keep the key on with my Ignition keys on one keyring so I always have it with me in either vehicle.

Safety note: Never keep your door key and auto door lock opener on the same keyring. I did that when I first got this truck and forgot and locked my keys in my truck. I had to call m y wife to bring her keys to get me back into the truck. I keey my door opener on a seperate key holder on my belt now, so if I should hit the door lock button and lock myself out, I can just hit my auto door lock opener and get back in. I have asked many people how they expect to get into there vehicle if they have their keys and door lock opener on the same ring. They said they never thought of that. I learned the hard way. Hope you don't.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun