Author Topic: Rear Sight  (Read 6099 times)

captotterboy

Rear Sight
« on: August 08, 2013, 09:19:27 PM »
Hello,
I have a pre-MKII Kareen Hi-Power.  The rear sight is damaged and I cannot find anywhere that has a replacement. 

Is there anyone out there that can fabricate a rear sight that will fit without machining the slide? The original is functional, but I would like to get rid of it.   

Thanks

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: Rear Sight
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 11:42:59 PM »
Brownells and Numrich don't list parts for this Israeli firearm.
Is the rear sight in a dovetail? If so you could always push it out with a sight pusher and try to match up something similar. Possibly a Browning Hi power from the same era would have the same one? Easier to find possibly.

Numrich lists it for the Browning, but sold out.
http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufacturers/Browning-33164/AutoPistols-35558/Hi-Power-34877.htm?page=5
Brownells also lists for the Browning as out of stock.
http://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/sights/rear-sights/sight-rear-fixed-pre-mk-ii-prod2863.aspx?avs|Make~~Model_1=Browning__High%20Power&psize=96
New Castle County

captotterboy

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2013, 11:48:11 AM »
Thanks
Not only are they out of stock, they are discontinued. 
It is dovetailed and I can remove it but I can't find anywhere that has one.  The parts are interchangeable, but it seems that very few people have a pre-MKII that hasn't already been modified and nobody makes the sights

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2013, 09:34:27 PM »
Keep an eye out. My Fathers H&R 929 22 revolver (so sweet, love that gun), circa 1968, was missing the rear sight blade. I found one on eBay. Would have preferred to have the shops at work fabricate one, but didn't have the dimensions.
New Castle County