Author Topic: apartment complex to defy second amendment in colorado  (Read 3261 times)

kathy1

apartment complex to defy second amendment in colorado
« on: August 07, 2013, 05:03:20 PM »
just came across this TV news item and wanted to solicit feedback/comments.  What if this were to happen in Delaware?  What could we do about it?  And, more importantly would we do anything about it or just talk????????????????? Interesting sad state of affairs.  Copy into your browser, hope I did it right

http://www.9news.com/news/article/348974/339/Apartment-tenants-told-they-must-get-rid-of-guns?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Cbc%7Clarge

Obleo

• Life Member
Re: apartment complex to defy second amendment in colorado
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2013, 05:40:25 PM »
Considering this seems to be a 2nd amendment issue I think this has to play out.  If it holds in favor of the owner then open carry is out.  I would still carry as a CCDW holder.  Personal and property searches are still unlawful without a warrant.

I’ve lived in all kinds of places and have heard “no smoking”, “no pets” and “no unregistered vehicles” but never “no drugs”, “no gambling” either.  Must be a local reason why this owner is anti-American.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Bmel17

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 08:47:42 PM »
they did try this in DE, in state housing.  Lawsuit prevailed from DSSA and NRA

ESPMan

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 12:55:25 AM »
http://www.9news.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=349123

Seems it took care of itself. Also, making news like this public is basically hanging a huge sign for criminals that says "We're not armed, come on in." Where are people's minds these days?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 12:57:27 AM by ESPMan »
The greatest threat to any society is its ignorance and inaction towards the evil that dwells within it.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 01:46:32 AM »
Glad this is dead. If I lived there, my personal inclination would have been:
--Move (to an apartment not owned by evil scum).
--Sue the pants off the evil scum for making me move, including every cent it cost right down to stamps, envelopes, change fees from utilities, gas, oil, wear on my tires, etc... and a few million for emotional distress.

I worked at the opening of a retirement community in PA, and the subject of guns came up. The director said, "Many of the people who move into our community will own guns. Their guns weren't a problem before they came here, and they won't be a problem now. Nobody in our employ will ask any applicant or resident about guns under any circumstances."
I liked that guy. A lot.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2013, 02:26:32 AM »
Being a Colorado native, and most of my family still live there, I follow CO news.
My son informed me about this as soon as it hit the news.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2013, 02:47:27 AM »
I agree with oldgraygeek on this one
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

kathy1

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 03:07:34 PM »
thanks for the input, what a world we live in huh?  Here's the latest, but it looks like everyone knows.  have a great day

http://gunssavelives.net/blog/breaking-colorado-apartment-complex-backs-down-on-gun-ban-marine-vet-can-keep-his-guns-and-his-home/

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 04:51:31 PM »
Heave-ho! 
http://www.9news.com/rss/story.aspx?storyid=349123
CASTLE ROCK - A controversial gun policy at an apartment complex for seniors has been thrown out after a 9Wants to Know report.

The Douglas County Housing Partnership, a multi-jurisdictional housing authority, held an emergency board of directors meeting late Wednesday afternoon.

Board members decided that the policy, which would have prohibited residents from having firearms in their homes, will not go into effect.

Link found on FB "one million moms AGAINST gun control" mentioned by @kathy1
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.