Author Topic: Wallet that fits ccw license?  (Read 6703 times)

antapd

Wallet that fits ccw license?
« on: August 08, 2013, 04:52:22 PM »
My wallet has a little pull out id piece.  Its basically just a piece of leather with 2 clear see-through compartments.  I currently just have my Drivers License and Emergency Vehicle Operator license in there.  The CCW license does not fit in the pocket.  

Anyone found a wallet that is anything remotely like this?  I am basically looking for some type of wallet with an ID compartment with 2 windows thats big enough for the CCW.  I'm nervous to try and "trim" the laminate around the ID and ruin the ID or get accused of tampering with it.

This may sound nit-picky but the other day I was on a friends boat and we got boarded by the Coast Guard.  We were in the C&D canal and they were random safety checks.  I did not have my carry on me because I didn't want it on the boat.  I would be off the boat tubing fairly often (outside of the canal) while the guns left on the boat.  They asked politely if anyone had any weapons or firearms aboard the boat and I answered no but I realized that if i had, I would have had to dig through the inner pocket of my wallet to get it out.  I kind of want something that is right there with my license.
NRA Member
Vol. Fire Co. Member
Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club Member

Beretta92

Re: Wallet that fits ccw license?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 05:11:02 PM »
My Florida and Pa. permits easily fit in my wallet. The De. permit did not. I do some photography work, I have a photo cutting device that is very accurate and sharp. I carefully trimmed the four sides of the permit without opening up any of the lamination. It now fits in my wallet but it is still a little tight.

A pair of scissors or a razor knife will not be accurate enough.

Try a photography store, they would have a photo cutter any might trim it for you. Good luck.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 06:38:04 PM »
I trimmed mine. Didn't exactly think an officer would pull out a dial caliper to measure it. Still seems sealed and okay.
New Castle County

antapd

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 11:53:34 PM »
Yeah I'll look into trimming it a bit then if that's what people have done
NRA Member
Vol. Fire Co. Member
Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club Member

jwcc21

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 02:29:53 AM »
pair of scissors was plenty accurate enough for me...

demark04

• Delaware APA
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 07:10:08 AM »
I have a tri fold.  Didn't have to trim it at all, I keep it in the ID/CC slots right behind my drivers license.  If need be, I can pull them both out no problem.  The slots are up/down, not sideways
DE, PA, FL, CCDW
New Castle County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 03:28:55 PM »
Suggest you go to a store that sells a variety of wallets and try you DECCW in the wallet and go from there. My wallet is a bi-fold with many compartments, but it is so old the name has worn off. I think I bought it at Wal-Mart about 10 years ago. They carry a good variety of mens wallets in the Mens Dept. usually.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 03:48:32 PM »
Found one up here in NCC at the farmer market for $5.00.
If you want it let me know.  I'll be headed down to Seaford area
in a few weeks or can mail it.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.