Author Topic: August 17th Concealed Carry USA Utah permit class  (Read 11837 times)

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
Re: August 17th Concealed Carry USA Utah permit class
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2013, 01:33:57 PM »

I took a Utah class last year and the instructor did not know that. Still waiting on Utah permit.

If you took the class last year and still waiting on your permit, then there is a problem with the class, Utah, or your application.
Since DE has recip with UT, DE residents need to have DE CCDW permit to get UT non-res CC permit.  Here's an extract taken from the handgunlaw.us website.  Apparently the UT class instructor was unaware and so @tonygoldston has to wait (assuming he is applying for a DE CC permit).
----------
53-5-704.
(4) (a) In addition to meeting the other qualifications for the issuance of a concealed firearm permit
under this section, a nonresident applicant who resides in a state that recognizes the validity of the Utah permit or has reciprocity with Utah's concealed firearm permit law shall:
(i) hold a current concealed firearm or concealed weapon permit issued by the appropriate permitting authority of the nonresident applicant's state of residency; and
(ii) submit a photocopy or electronic copy of the nonresident applicant's current concealed firearm or concealed weapon permit referred to in Subsection (4)(a)(i).
--------
MD does not recip with any other state so (IANAL) a MD resident can get the UT CC and carry in DE. But if you manage to escape from MD to DE, you have to get your DE permit to carry here.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 01:42:34 PM by Cbmarine »
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2013, 08:29:45 PM »
If you took it last year and are still waiting, YOU have a BIG problem.  UT issues in 60 days.
http://utahconcealedcarry.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5497&start=675

My UT internet renewal took 2 weeks!
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

tonygoldston

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2013, 09:03:44 PM »
When I took the Utah class they had just changed to requiring the home state permit. The instructor didn't know that it had changed. Utah sent my app back and I was waiting for my Delaware permit. I am a little frustrated that the instructor didn't know about the change (especially since in the class I was reading the requirements and asked specifically about needing the resident state permit and the instructor said no)

Paid by credit card on the form and by the time I got my DE permit to send back in my credit card had expired so after sending back to Utah with a copy of DE permit, Utah sent it back again for payment. S just mailed in for the third time and am waiting for them to issue. 11 months later. (Most of which was the 6 months waiting for DE).

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2013, 10:53:54 PM »
I am curious to know if anyone else will be attending this class tomorrow.  I would like to meet them in person if interested.  Puts a face to the name.
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2013, 02:33:03 AM »
Took the class, it wasn't that painfull to sit through.  It was basically going over Utah law.  Utah app went out in the mail this morning.  They have 60 days after processing payment to send approval/denial but who knows how long before they cash the check.
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County