Author Topic: Sussex Co.  (Read 5957 times)

BeachBum

Sussex Co.
« on: August 16, 2013, 03:32:51 AM »
I just registered to learn about the CCW in DE, I just got my license a week ago, and here (downstate) took exactly 3 months.
I took my class at Marino tactical, and it was great, nice people and very helpful.
My carry gun was originally a ruger LC9, but I live at the beach, so in hot summer days I had to get something smaller, which I did.
A DB380 and I love that thing, took it to the range a few time already but yesterday I tried to use up some cheap ammo I had (tula) and broke it.
So no more russian ammo for me, or steel cased anyway.
I had shot it before with my LC9 and had no problems, but I guess the DB380 is more delicate than the ruger, anyway, glad to find a source of info like this blog.
Just learned about the non-resident PA license, and soon will make the drive upstate and to PA for that.
According to what I've read,  Media, PA is the easiest place to get it, is that correct?.
Thanks and keep safe.

Newlife503

• Life Member
Re: Sussex Co.
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 04:42:55 AM »
I just registered to learn about the CCW in DE, I just got my license a week ago, and here (downstate) took exactly 3 months.
I took my class at Marino tactical, and it was great, nice people and very helpful.
My carry gun was originally a ruger LC9, but I live at the beach, so in hot summer days I had to get something smaller, which I did.
A DB380 and I love that thing, took it to the range a few time already but yesterday I tried to use up some cheap ammo I had (tula) and broke it.
So no more russian ammo for me, or steel cased anyway.
I had shot it before with my LC9 and had no problems, but I guess the DB380 is more delicate than the ruger, anyway, glad to find a source of info like this blog.
Just learned about the non-resident PA license, and soon will make the drive upstate and to PA for that.
According to what I've read,  Media, PA is the easiest place to get it, is that correct?.
Thanks and keep safe.

Congrats, I would recommend Lancaster county, Pa it only requires one trip up and about 15 minutes of your time and you walk out permit in hand(as of June).  Delaware county requires two trips, one to apply and one to pick up the permit about 2 weeks later as they will not mail it to you.
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

del elec

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 11:59:05 AM »
+1 on Lancaster. Check everything on it before you leave, they put Middletown,PA on mine and I had to mail it back.
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry

BeachBum

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 12:21:33 PM »
Is there only one place to do it in Lancaster Co, or several?, if more then one, any suggestions?
Thanks

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 01:17:54 PM »
Is there only one place to do it in Lancaster Co, or several?, if more then one, any suggestions?
Thanks

As far as I know only one, Lancaster county sheriffs office which is in the court house.
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

demark04

• Delaware APA
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 02:14:00 PM »
+2 Lancaster.  I was in and out in 10-15 mins.  I had my paperwork filled out before hand.  Nice people as well.
DE, PA, FL, CCDW
New Castle County

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 04:18:44 PM »
Does PA not accept mail in applications any longer? About 5 years ago they have a mail in process which I used and it showed up in 2 weeks.

Lancaster and Delaware counties do not accept mail ins, but I did not check every county in Pa.
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 05:59:55 PM »
So how exactly did the Tula ammo break your DB380?
Curious. Pictures?
New Castle County

BeachBum

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2013, 02:09:44 AM »
I already sent it back, nice customer service experience so far, I'll post when repair is done.
and about what broke, I just went on their website to look at the diagram and I believe it was the trigger bar that was severed, I couldn't even take the slide off the see the inside.
So we'll see, the guys at shooters choice said that the DB380 was a crappy gun, not in those words, but they kind meant that.
Anyway, I'll keep you guys posted.
And thanks for the info on Lancaster Co, I think I'll make the drive soon.

gthomas582

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 06:05:47 PM »
Do you have to have a Delaware CCWP to get a non resident PA permit? If I walk in with no permit will I get one? Is it good in Delaware?

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2013, 06:47:32 PM »
gthomas, you need a permit from your home state before getting a non resident permit in PA. It's explained in the application (link below). This is for Delaware county, but same for all counties.
http://www.co.delaware.pa.us/sheriff/gunpermitpage1.pdf

If you are a Delaware resident, you need a Delaware license.
New Castle County

joek

• NRA Life Member, USCG veteran
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2013, 12:05:50 AM »
Do you have to have a Delaware CCWP to get a non resident PA permit? If I walk in with no permit will I get one? Is it good in Delaware?

There is no way around not having a DE CCW permit if you are a DE resident.

joek

• NRA Life Member, USCG veteran
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2013, 12:09:01 AM »

There is no way around not having a DE CCW permit if you are a DE resident.

Even if you see other state' non-resident CCW's reciprocate DE; you are not legal to carry in DE.