Author Topic: How Long is Too Long?  (Read 8930 times)

TechGeek

How Long is Too Long?
« on: August 19, 2013, 07:32:10 PM »
As the subject states, How long is too long before calling, at least on a fairly consistent basis, when waiting for your concealed carry license?

This week marks 15 weeks for me in Kent County?

Last time I called was 8/2 and the lady looked up my info and said basically that it was still up with DOJ and she is not sure how much longer.  Her best guesstimate was another few weeks but could not be certain.

What is the deal?
Kent County

Bulldog021

Re: How Long is Too Long?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 11:30:47 PM »
I am in week 16 in kent county and have finally came to the conclusion that I can't affect anything about the permit. All I can do is call every 2 weeks so I stay a little less pissed off. Better to be disappointed 1 time every 2 weeks than 10 times when I check the mail. Our apps must be with Deputy Dog or something ???
Kent County
USMC Vet.
NRA Member
Sig Sauer MK 25
Colt M45A1
Glock 19
Sig MPX
Beretta M9A3
DE CCDW
PA LTCF

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 11:52:23 PM »
I would call.  I'd say I was calling because I was concerned it was taking so long and I wanted to make sure everything was all right with my application.  I'd also say I had heard from others that they had already received their permits before me.

Obviously be polite and not argumentative.  You are just concerned and want to help if you can.  As Bulldog said - calling every two weeks helps to keep you sane and gives some noise to your permit - squeaky wheel and all.

NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 12:00:27 AM »
Has anybody asked at the Prothonitarys or the Att. Gen. office , what's going on. When i got mine, it was at the first of the year, when not only new apps. were being pricessed, but renewals also. This is not right. I don't see that many ads in the papers.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

gthomas582

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 12:47:10 AM »
Has anybody asked at the Prothonitarys or the Att. Gen. office , what's going on. When i got mine, it was at the first of the year, when not only new apps. were being pricessed, but renewals also. This is not right. I don't see that many ads in the papers.

The Guide is full of them every week.

Bulldog021

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 12:48:13 AM »
They are claiming apps went from 5 a week to 5 a day so they are overloaded. That and the AG is clearly slow boating apps to fit his own political means
Kent County
USMC Vet.
NRA Member
Sig Sauer MK 25
Colt M45A1
Glock 19
Sig MPX
Beretta M9A3
DE CCDW
PA LTCF

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 01:14:13 PM »
If you elected officials are pro 2A, I'd make a call to them.  See if they can get it moving.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

TechGeek

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 05:04:56 PM »
I am in week 16 in kent county and have finally came to the conclusion that I can't affect anything about the permit. All I can do is call every 2 weeks so I stay a little less pissed off. Better to be disappointed 1 time every 2 weeks than 10 times when I check the mail. Our apps must be with Deputy Dog or something ???

Yeah, I hear you...I guess me and you are in the same boat (that appears to be sinking)!

I thought for sure since a few people on here were receiving theirs from late April that we would only be a week or so out.  That week has turned into several weeks.
Kent County

TechGeek

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2013, 05:05:24 PM »
I would call.  I'd say I was calling because I was concerned it was taking so long and I wanted to make sure everything was all right with my application.  I'd also say I had heard from others that they had already received their permits before me.

Obviously be polite and not argumentative.  You are just concerned and want to help if you can.  As Bulldog said - calling every two weeks helps to keep you sane and gives some noise to your permit - squeaky wheel and all.

Good Advice!  I may just call back sometime this week and use that verbiage:)

Thanks....
Kent County

TechGeek

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2013, 05:06:47 PM »

I thought it was getting slow walked through the process due to the changes that the legislators wanted to make to the concealed carry law.  But then again, people are still receiving theirs in less time than me and bulldog so I don't know what the heck is going on!
Kent County

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2013, 07:55:31 PM »
Apparently a lot of the delay is actually the judges being busy with a huge caseload. Apparently they stack up at that point as it is the judge who actually gives approval. 
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2013, 08:46:37 PM »
Apparently a lot of the delay is actually the judges being busy with a huge caseload. Apparently they stack up at that point as it is the judge who actually gives approval. 

I had called Sussex yesterday and I was told that my permit should go out this week (Yeah!!). depending on the judge.  As Clarence points out, the judge has to make the final approval of the permit before it can be delivered and if they have a heavy case load the permits have to wait.

Just a note to Sussex - I was also told that Sussex has received a group of permits back from Wilmington and they are trying to get them out as soon as they can.  So watch your mailboxes.
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

JayClark79

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2013, 11:49:12 PM »
Just curious... How do they  notify you, if they are declining the CCW?

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2013, 12:37:01 AM »
Just curious... How do they  notify you, if they are declining the CCW?

I only know of one person who was denied because of a charge he thought was taken off his record and wasn't he received a letter in the mail.  I'm not sure exactly what the letter said, the last time I spoke with him he was talking to a lawyer about it.
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

Bulldog021

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2013, 03:05:44 AM »
The investigator usually calls though, I had a glitch from a issue back in 91. I explained it sent a recent NICS check from a purchase and about 15 minutes later the investigator emailed me that he signed off on it.
Kent County
USMC Vet.
NRA Member
Sig Sauer MK 25
Colt M45A1
Glock 19
Sig MPX
Beretta M9A3
DE CCDW
PA LTCF