Author Topic: How Long is Too Long?  (Read 8931 times)

TechGeek

Re: How Long is Too Long?
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2013, 02:50:48 PM »
Update...just called up to DOJ and the investigator said they have already signed off on it and it was headed back down to the prothonotary office as of yesterday.  Basically he stated all that was left was to have the permit made, info entered into the system, and for the judge to sign off on it.

So I said, great sounds like it might be like another week or so....and he was quick to reply...don't look for it in a week's time...maybe more towards the 2-4 weeks time period.  Guess it takes that long to get all that accomplished ::)
Kent County

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2013, 03:11:41 PM »
So I said, great sounds like it might be like another week or so....and he was quick to reply...don't look for it in a week's time...maybe more towards the 2-4 weeks time period.  Guess it takes that long to get all that accomplished ::)

Yeah, the kids who make them can only work so many hours a day....
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

TechGeek

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2013, 06:09:31 PM »
Yeah, the kids who make them can only work so many hours a day....

LOL....now that's funny ;D
Kent County

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2013, 08:04:49 PM »
Update...just called up to DOJ and the investigator said they have already signed off on it and it was headed back down to the prothonotary office as of yesterday.  Basically he stated all that was left was to have the permit made, info entered into the system, and for the judge to sign off on it.

As I understand the process, the judges sign off on their stacks of permits periodically, so it depends on when your judge has the time. 

One of the methods to "hurry up" your process is to go out of town or on vacation; pretty much guarantees that the permit will be in your mailbox when you return.  That worked for me and @Adrenolin :)
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2013, 09:23:08 PM »
Yup.. I left for a month vacation on a Sun and Tuesday the wife emailed me saying it arrived and included a photo. Like the Feb to mid Aug wait wasn't long enough the vacation tacked on another month lol. Truth be told, I never went out looking or wondering if 'today' was the day they would arrive. Had decide it would arrive whenever it did from the beginning.

TechGeek

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2013, 03:03:32 PM »
As I understand the process, the judges sign off on their stacks of permits periodically, so it depends on when your judge has the time.

Great...I'm sure that means the judge will sign a stack every other week so I am looking at another month....just what I wanted to hear :P
Kent County

Bulldog021

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2013, 08:01:12 PM »
No I spoke with the Prothontary and the judge treats them like a hot potato. Mine went in Monday was back Tuesday and I picked it up late Wednesday. They have to enter your data into the system and produce the permit.
Kent County
USMC Vet.
NRA Member
Sig Sauer MK 25
Colt M45A1
Glock 19
Sig MPX
Beretta M9A3
DE CCDW
PA LTCF

TechGeek

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2013, 08:22:15 PM »
No I spoke with the Prothontary and the judge treats them like a hot potato. Mine went in Monday was back Tuesday and I picked it up late Wednesday. They have to enter your data into the system and produce the permit.

Thanks for the "inside" scoop....trying not to get my hopes up ;D

Ok, I am going to stop thinking about it now :P
Kent County