Author Topic: Gun Free Zone app for smartphones  (Read 5860 times)

Morder Chemiker

Gun Free Zone app for smartphones
« on: August 22, 2013, 04:07:11 PM »
I was reading a recent issue of Concealed Carry magazine (from USCCA) and there was an article on an app called gun free zone so I went ahead and downloaded it. It seems to have lots of potential with more users. It it gives you stores, restaurants, etc in your local area and can be flagged as ok to carry, gun free zone, or not sure. Most of Delaware is not sure because there is no user info yet in the area. From what I read it was designed by a pro-2nd amendment guy (that carries and is in some sort of Law Enforcement roll for his state) so people could track and see what businesses they should do business with because they support our rights and avoid the ones that are gun free zones.  Check it out its on gunfreezoneapp.com or just search gun free zone in Google play or the app store for apple.  I think this could be a good tool for people to avoid those businesses that don't support out rights.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
Re: Gun Free Zone app for smartphones
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 05:38:51 PM »
The iPhone app Posted! lists gun-free and gun-friendly locations, e.g., unfriendly Christiana Mall, and pro-2A CostCo and BWW in DE.  
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2013, 09:37:42 PM »
As far as I'm concerned, I'm allowed to carry everywhere, except fed buildings, state parks, etc. Signs mean nothing. But I do think the app could help us determine where to spend our money. Pro 2A.
New Castle County

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2013, 09:54:15 PM »
I already use posted as well,  the good thing is there isn't many places I've come across yet with signs not allowing firearms.
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

ESPMan

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 10:56:33 PM »
I know Christian Mall and the Regal Cinema's at People's Plaza both have no guns on premises signs
The greatest threat to any society is its ignorance and inaction towards the evil that dwells within it.

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 12:25:25 AM »
I know Christian Mall and the Regal Cinema's at People's Plaza both have no guns on premises signs

Really??  Never noticed them!  ;)
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 12:40:04 AM »
Signage details are listed in Posted!  Regal is between the front double doors.  CM's is online in their rules of conduct.  Costco used to be listed "anti" but is now shown as "pro-2A". Buffalo Wild Wings at the corporate level is "anti" but the pro-gun DE franchise owner says "carry if you are legal".
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.