State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

Gun Violence Prevention and Safe Communities Act of 2013

(1/2) > >>

Hawkeye:
With John Lott’s long accepted and extensively peer reviewed studies, the recent CDC study on the causes and prevention of gun violence as directed by Obama and most recently a report from Harvard, all concluding that more guns equal less crime, how can politicians continue to “intelligently” claim the exact opposite?

I give to you exhibit # (who the **** really knows what # at this point):

--- Quote ---Representative Danny K. Davis (D-Ill.) and Bill Pascrell (D-N.J.) are sponsoring legislation which amends the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to include a 20 percent tax on handguns--"pistols [and] revolvers"--as well as a 50 percent tax on "shells and cartridges."
The bill is H.R. 3018 and it is titled the "Gun Violence Prevention and Safe Communities Act of 2013."
--- End quote ---
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/08/25/Dem-Reps-Sponsor-Bill-For-20-Percent-Tax-On-Handguns

“Gun Violence and Safe Communities Act of 2013?  Really guys? You chose that name on purpose? I mean seriously, how can you claim that making guns harder to get makes anyone safe when it is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that more guns in the hands of lawful citizens make people safer and saves lives? 

Demographics show that poor communities suffer the most from violence and gun crimes and this act will make it even harder for those that need protection most to be able to afford firearms and ammunitions for protection.

When you look where these politicians are from, Illinois and the Peoples Republic of New Jersey, maybe you can see why they feel this way.  Chicago has long been the title holder for the murder capital of the United States and Trenton just set a homicide record of their own so yeah, these are the politicians we want setting national policy.  Right guys? Can I get an Amen? Guys?...... Guys?......

ESPMan:
Amen broham. It is easy to understand, though. People who are afraid of firearms generally have little-to-no knowledge of firearms, or those of us that choose to legally carry them. To further this ignorance, they refuse to shed light on their lack of knowledge and prefer to stay ignorant of firearms, instead choosing to crusade about the complexities of gun violence and outright ignoring true facts and statistics. The CDC said "more guns = less crime," but thats not what these people want to hear, they just want to hear "we're taking the big scary guns from the law-abiding citizens!" makes me sick just to think about it. The funny thing is, when all the guns are gone, and these people are robbed at gunpoint by a criminal, they woul still not realize the err of their thinking.

SturmRugerSR9:
The Left always think they are right, which of course is always wrong. Let me put it this way. They have this idealogy that they believe in. It is wrong. They keep trying to promote it with studies, that prove they are wrong. They refuse to believe their own studies, and continue to espouse the incorrect idealogy as correct. they think they can dig their way out od a deep hole if they jus dig harder and deeper. I'm not ssure if that makes them idiots, morons, or bone heads, or all 3.

ESPMan:

--- Quote from: SturmRugerSR9 on August 27, 2013, 07:02:47 PM ---The Left always think they are right, which of course is always wrong. Let me put it this way. They have this idealogy that they believe in. It is wrong. They keep trying to promote it with studies, that prove they are wrong. They refuse to believe their own studies, and continue to espouse the incorrect idealogy as correct. they think they can dig their way out od a deep hole if they jus dig harder and deeper. I'm not ssure if that makes them idiots, morons, or bone heads, or all 3.

--- End quote ---

I would have to say all 3. Whats worse is they're probably having the same discussion about right wingers.

groundgrid:
Someone needs to enact a law requiring that the name of a bill actually reflects what is in it.

Should read: "Increase Taxes on Firearms & Ammunition Because We Are Idiots Act"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version