Author Topic: Best place to go in PA for the PA permit??  (Read 8532 times)

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
Re: Best place to go in PA for the PA permit??
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2013, 04:31:43 PM »
I filled out my App before I went up.  Lancaster, was in and out in 15 mins.  Not sure about Saturdays though.  De Drivers License and De CCDW.

Happen to have a link in order to download / print the app out so I can fill it out early?  And all you need is DE DL and DE CCDW (and the moolah of course)?  No finger prints, ad in paper, etc like DE? 

Thanks....
http://lancasterpasheriff.org/sheriffs/cwp/view.asp?a=3&q=620126&sheriffsNav=|
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

seniorgeek

• Life Member
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

mrjam2jab

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2013, 03:28:20 AM »

Happen to have a link in order to download / print the app out so I can fill it out early?  And all you need is DE DL and DE CCDW (and the moolah of course)?  No finger prints, ad in paper, etc like DE? 

Thanks....

Lancaster App
I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2013, 03:37:44 AM »
Need to fill out the License to Carry Instructions also.
Let's rent a bus! And we can all go together :)
New Castle County

mrjam2jab

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2013, 02:18:36 AM »

This form is not legally required.  The app can only be one page.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2013, 03:10:29 AM »

This form is not legally required.  The app can only be one page.

Please explain "not legally required". The context of my reply was the Lancaster process.  In the box toward the bottom of the Lancaster Sheriff's page http://lancasterpasheriff.org/sheriffs/cwp/view.asp?a=3&q=620126&sheriffsNav=, it says "(Must fill out both)" referring to the PA License To Carry Form and the License To Carry Instructions.  His show-his rules. York sheriff requires a double-sided app not on two sheets. Sheriff Reese doesn't appear to ask for double-sided but @mrjam2jab's assertion is undoubted correct.  I'll print out my form two-sided - good advice, thanks.
New Castle County

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2013, 12:07:43 PM »
His show-his rules.

Not the way it should be.  They should be following the rules as passed.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

mrjam2jab

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2013, 12:42:17 AM »

Please explain "not legally required". The context of my reply was the Lancaster process.  In the box toward the bottom of the Lancaster Sheriff's page http://lancasterpasheriff.org/sheriffs/cwp/view.asp?a=3&q=620126&sheriffsNav=, it says "(Must fill out both)" referring to the PA License To Carry Form and the License To Carry Instructions.  His show-his rules. York sheriff requires a double-sided app not on two sheets. Sheriff Reese doesn't appear to ask for double-sided but @mrjam2jab's assertion is undoubted correct.  I'll print out my form two-sided - good advice, thanks.

The link I gave above in #17 is both sides of the application.  When printing, these should be on one piece of paper.  For the Lancaster Sheriff to "require" a 2nd page in ADDITION to the application is not legal.

18 Pa.C.S. § 6109. Licenses.

(c) Form of application and content.--The application for a license to carry a firearm shall be
uniform throughout this Commonwealth and shall be on a form prescribed by the Pennsylvania State
Police. The form may contain provisions, not exceeding one page, to assure compliance with this
section. Issuing authorities shall use only the application form prescribed by the Pennsylvania State
Police. One of the following reasons for obtaining a firearm license shall be set forth in the application:
self-defense, employment, hunting and fishing, target shooting, gun collecting or another proper
reason. The application form shall be dated and signed by the applicant and shall contain the
following statement:
I have never been convicted of a crime that prohibits me from possessing or acquiring a firearm under
Federal or State law. I am of sound mind and have never been committed to a mental institution. I
hereby certify that the statements contained herein are true and correct to
the best of my knowledge and belief. I understand that, if I knowingly make any false statements
herein, I am subject to penalties prescribed by law. I authorize the
sheriff, or his designee, or, in the case of first class cities, the chief or head of the police department,
or his designee, to inspect only those records or documents relevant to information required for this
application. If I am issued a license and knowingly become ineligible
to legally possess or acquire firearms, I will promptly notify the sheriff of the county in which I reside or,
if I reside in a city of the first class, the chief of police of that city.