Author Topic: CCW Belt  (Read 8298 times)

Adrenolin

• Life Member
CCW Belt
« on: September 17, 2013, 09:31:49 PM »
Looking at some CCDW belts specifically one from Comp-Tac and wanted to ask a question from those who wear a 1.5" gun belt. I mostly wear jeans or casual pants and rarely dress pants.

Do you prefer a contoured and tapered belt or just a standard 1.5" full length belt?

rhett4

Re: CCW Belt
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 11:03:54 PM »
I got the standard full length 1.5" belt from Comp-Tac, and it has worked fine for me on jeans, khakis, and shorts.

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 12:09:14 AM »
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 12:11:00 AM by MarkB »
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

TechGeek

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 12:59:12 AM »
Read a lot of good reviews on the 5.11 tactical belts too....might want to check those out!  They have definitely peaked my interest.
Kent County

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 01:49:11 AM »
I've owned several of the 5.11 belts. They hold up the gun OK, but they wear out quickly and look terrible after a few months of daily wear.
I bought a thick leather belt at the NCCo Farmer's Market that has lasted well over a year now.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Morder Chemiker

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 12:57:33 PM »
I recently picked up a 5.11 double duty belt and I really like it its the 1.75 not the 1.5 your talking about but it secures the gun very well, and I've been walking around with a XDm 3.8 full size and a full 16 rd mag of .40S&W, so that should say its pretty good.  As for wear and tear I've only had it on for about a month (not carrying because I don't have my permit yet) but it has replaced my other belt for good and looks like it did when I bought it.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 01:09:50 PM »
I have  CCW belt from Hank's Clothing.  It is thick and strong.

http://www.hanksclothing.com/amish_belts_ccw.html

+1

Have 3 of them.  1" blk & brn for work and 1.5" blk for play.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

TechGeek

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2013, 01:40:39 PM »
Any ideas about the sizing for the belts at Hank's Clothing...specifically the "amish belts"?  How big did you order....

I am currently a 36 waist (jeans size) so normal belt would prob be a 38 for extra adjustment.  So does that mean I would order a 40 for CC?

Thanks....
Kent County

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2013, 02:37:33 PM »
Did not go larger.

From their site:

Q: I just want to do an exchange. Is there a charge for that?
A: There is no extra shipping charge to send the exchanged item to you. You are responsible for the return shipping charges if your item is an item that doesn't qualify for free return shipping.

Q: I want to do an exchange but need the item fast. What do I do?
A: No problem at all. Just call us toll free at 866-444-2657 and we'll do a quick exchange for you. We'll charge your card for the new item and ship it right out. We'll then give you an RA# and you can send the wrong item back and as soon as we receive it we will credit your card back. Fast, simple, easy, and FREE!
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2013, 03:20:33 PM »
They carry a good supply of wide heavy duty belts at the Tractor Supply store, if you have one near you. There is one south of Dover across from Walmart, next to the Honda Store. Also a new bigTractor Supply Store is being built in Milford where the old Super Fresh was. Entry from Rt 14 or Rt 113. Also a great place for gun safes, outdoor wear, boots, and western and work clothes. It's a great "guy" place and they carry western clothing for the "gals" too.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Bulldog021

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2013, 12:58:11 PM »
Ares gear ranger belts are really nice and recommended by raven concealment
Kent County
USMC Vet.
NRA Member
Sig Sauer MK 25
Colt M45A1
Glock 19
Sig MPX
Beretta M9A3
DE CCDW
PA LTCF

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2013, 08:40:18 PM »
An update..

I bought the Comp-Tac belt in black. They all come with a slight contour around the backside which is nice. Went with the standard 1.5" with no tapered ends. It has a piece of Kydex running most of the length of the belt giving it even more support. This is stitched directly to the back tan layer of the belt which is then sewn to the front black layer. The belt comes with 6 holes with room for 2 additional holes if you get wider and 1 additional hole if you get skinnier. The edges are nicely smoothed and the two layers are matched perfectly.. almost seamlessly. Very nice job done on them.

Following their online directions I ordered the 40" belt. After receiving it and wearing it a month it was clear I should have ordered the 38". Was placing another order anyways so ordered the 38" belt along with a 2nd MTAC holster for the wife and added a note about the first belt. I currently 36-38 jeans and I'm in the center holes on the 38" belt. The next day the order shipped out and I received a phone call asking me to send the original back in for a full refund. Very polite people on the phone who stand by their product. I had been wearing the belt over their 30 day period but they still took it back.

Very happy with the belt (and holsters) and feel it should last a very, very, very long time. It's made with what appears to be good quality leather and stitching. It's quite stiff but wraps around easily and smoothly through all my belt loops. No hotspots caused from being to stiff. Best of all its comfortable and fully supports the weight of my mid sized CC weapon, a Walther PPQ, easily and the heavier CZ 75 BD Police, all metal, handgun as well.