State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

Enraged drivers shoot, kill each other: both CC

(1/2) > >>

Cbmarine:
Be interesting to see what Michigan requires for CCW permit.

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/268289/280/Enraged-drivers-shoot-kill-each-other
IONIA, Mich. (WZZM) -- Two drivers are dead after a road rage incident escalated into a shootout. The incident happened around 6:45p.m. Wednesday on M-66 near Steele Street.

Witnesses tell WZZM 13 a Chrysler PT Cruiser was being followed closely by a Ford Taurus. The driver of the PT Cruiser pulled off the road and into a parking lot to let the Taurus pass, but the driver of the Taurus got out of his car and began shooting.

Witnesses say the driver of the PT Cruiser also pulled out a gun, returning fire. Both drivers were shot and killed. Authorities say both men, ages 43 and 56, had licenses to carry concealed weapons.

People at a nearby laundromat found both men laying on the ground and started performing CPR. AeroMed was called to the scene and landed, but did not transport a patient to the hospital.

Cbmarine:
Appears that PT Cruizer driver tried to defuse the situation by pulling over but was pursued.
IONIA, Mich. (WZZM) -- Two drivers are dead after a road rage incident escalated into a shootout. The incident happened around 6:45p.m. Wednesday on M-66 near Steele Street.

Witnesses tell WZZM 13 a one driver was following another driver too closely. The first driver pulled into the Wonder Wand Car Wash parking lot and the other driver followed them into the parking lot.

Witnesses say the driver of the following car fired shots, and the first driver returned fire.  Both drivers were shot and killed. Authorities say both men had licenses to carry concealed weapons.

The victims are both from Ionia.  56 year old Robert Taylor was driving a Chrysler P-T Cruiser.  The other driver killed was 43 year old James Pullum, who was driving a Ford Taurus.  According to Police, Pullum had two passengers in his vehicle, but neithe was injured.

oldgraygeek:
I defuse situations by leaving.
I'm an ex-cabbie driving a hemi Charger Police, so I'm really good at leaving.

Adrenolin:
Don't know the entire story but yeah.. Pulling into a parking lot and stopping isn't the best thing to do. Remaining in the vehicle and not stopping seems to have been a better idea. How about calling 911 while continuing to drive and requesting assistance. Again.. common sense is a thing of the past and rarely found these days.. unfortunately.

Moosie:
Dead men tell no tales.  No one has any idea what transpired other than one guy following the other closely.

No idea why the one pulled off and STOPPED..   Not what I'd have done.  In DE, my experience has been that even with the most aggressive a-hole drivers that are following so closely that you cant see their headlights in your rearview (or drunk drivers for that matter), DE police are too slow to respond. Just an FYI if anyone finds themselves in such a scenario. And this is not a "dig" against DE law enforcement. Simply my experience.

Moosie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version