Author Topic: Beretta Nano Review  (Read 10745 times)

VintageZodiacs

Beretta Nano Review
« on: September 22, 2013, 04:21:34 PM »
Hi All,

I bought a Beretta Nano a while back and finally got a chance to take it over to Omalanden this morning. I have been lucky the past few weeks picking up 3 boxes of Federal 9MM FMJ RN each run so I grabbed 4 boxes, and a box of Gold Dot 9MM and headed on over there.

As some of you know by now, I have a wide array of pistols in various calibers, by many gun makers. But the Nano is my first one with this goofy Glock-esque trigger. I will be the first to admit that I shoot a 1911 better than any other gun. Probably because I started shooting them in the late 60's.  I find DAO's to be a challenge for me to shoot accurately. Of course, I forgot my glasses today and that was not much help either. But hey, I stayed on the paper. See the pic First 6 Rounds, right out of the box.

Here are some pics I took as I was meaning to do a full review. About the only thing I can say is that it shoots very well and has minimum kick for being a small lightweight single stack 9MM. MUCH more fun to shoot than any of my Kel-Tecs for sure. Having said that, it only ate the first box of 50. When I had the 3rd FTE on the 2nd box I just threw it back in the range bag and started sweeping up brass. (Note to self, go back to taking many guns to the range.) I will be calling Beretta tomorrow to discuss this disaster today.

Because this was a "Beretta" (Audience: ohh, ahhh) I decided to violate my own policy of taking a new gun to my gunsmith for a trigger job and rail/feed ramp polish. Never again. When I first showed up here one of the members said to me, "Welcome to the forum Vintage.  So:  As a vintage Zodiac watch collector you probably know when it’s a good time to upgrade firearms!" Well, I wished I had one of my Kel-Tecs at the range today. I literally do not remember having a FTE in this entire century shooting Colts, Sigs, S&W, Kel-Tecs, and a Taurus. I have no brand loyalty so have shot many brands of ammo as well as reloads from 2 different guys.

FWIW, I will not carry a gun that I have not personally put 200 rounds through of ball ammo, and then a 25 Gold Dots, w/o a single FTF in the 225 rounds. Hopefully Beretta can make this right and I can return to the range and perform my break in procedure. It is a darn shame, it is a nice shooting piece but I do not trust it as far as I can throw it.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 06:31:16 PM by VintageZodiacs »

Condition 1

• Life Member
Re: Beretta Nano Review
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 05:33:34 PM »
That looks like a FTE not FTF, unless the chambered round is the live one then it would be FTRB.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 02:33:00 PM »
Thanks for the posts on the Nano and the KelTecs. It's good information.
New Castle County

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 09:41:42 PM »
Maybe it just doesn't like Federal ammo. Could be worth another internet search.
New Castle County

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 01:30:18 PM »
Thanks for the review and updates. It's nice to hear about how the manufacturers take care of (or not) their customers.