Author Topic: shooting at Padlin club  (Read 3769 times)

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
shooting at Padlin club
« on: September 22, 2013, 08:38:21 PM »
  Dont know all the details.   A couple was shot on their door steps.   

A friend of mine was there to pick the hubby up to go  somewhere this morning or today. .    :'(

Two people are dead in a shooting early this morning in Edgemoor.

New Castle County Police Cpl. John Weglarz Sr. said the call came in just before 1:30 a.m. in the first block of Paladin Drive, which is in the Paladin Club Apartments.

Weglarz said police and emergency personnel found a 46-year-old man and a 39-year-old woman suffering gunshot wounds. The woman was transported to Wilmington Hospital, where she was pronounced dead, and the man was pronounced dead on the scene. Both lived in the apartment complex.

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20130922/NEWS01/130922003/1252/RSS0907
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

groundgrid

• Life Member
Re: shooting at Padlin club
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 01:07:40 AM »
Just researching this & another shooting & found the following website:

http://data.delawareonline.com/webapps/crime/

It provides a database of Wilmington shootings going back to 2011 as well as a running scorecard for 2011, 2012 & 2013.

The arrest rate for homicide related shootings (intentional homicides?) is less than 50%
For non-homicide related shootings it is less than 20%
I'm sure that the conviction rate is even less.

Plus, I found the following from an article published this past Feb:

"Repeat offenders like Dollard often avoid prison because Delaware’s sentencing rules instruct judges to impose the “least-restrictive and most cost-effective’’punishment. With prisons crammed beyond capacity in one of America’s most violent states, and no political will or money to build more, judges have marching orders to reserve $36,000-a-year prison beds for offenders convicted of violent crimes."

It would appear that somewhere around 75% of the murderers in this state are never punished.

Step 1: We need a new Attorney General who knows how to kick butt & put these people away.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 01:42:58 AM by groundgrid »
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2013, 01:36:46 AM »
According to the News-Urinal, the victims were an auto repair shop owner and his wife.
Possibly a disgruntled customer? If so, it should take the detectives about five minutes to figure out who did it.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 01:17:07 PM »
There is definitely a problem with criminals not being punished. Things like guys that did a mass shooting in my area ( five guys shooting at two guys at opposite ends of the street) all were prohibited, 4 of the 6 had been caught before. Since my car was damaged I was sent letters from the ag office about a victim?

Well I think the guy got like 15 years, but the thing is he will probably be in out in 5 doing the same thing.

One thing about crime that is the 300lb gorilla that I am curious of is why is it that if you are tough on crime as a politician you are considered anti-minority? Seems like crime should be the focus than our guns, but to be tough on crime you have all these groups raising hell that its racist? With the current political climate in Delaware I don't see them getting any tougher on criminals. I do see them trying to come after our guns again. Almost like disarming people so they can be victims.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"