Author Topic: Boy Expelled For Using Airsoft Guns in His Own Yard  (Read 7829 times)

Adrenolin

• Life Member
Boy Expelled For Using Airsoft Guns in His Own Yard
« on: September 24, 2013, 05:49:57 PM »
So our kids are not even permitted to play on our own personal properties now without fear...

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/heatherginsberg/2013/09/24/boy-suspended-for-airsoft-guns-in-yard-n1708313

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: Boy Expelled For Using Airsoft Guns in His Own Yard
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 06:05:16 PM »
I saw this on Fox this morning. It was a Air-Soft pistol.
If I were his parents I'd be seuing the School Board, School, Principal, bus driver, or who ever reported him/ I'd take no prisoners. This $h!7 has got to stop. The only way it will is to get extremely deep into their pocket-books.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 06:32:39 PM »
When I was 7 we had cherry bombs and all kinds of fun stuff.  My brother put a exploding splint into the art teachers cigar and we all got to see the mess that made.  We even booby trapped the boy's room door with a pull-stirng firecracker.  We sure did get in trouble but...If I were 7 today I would likley be typing from behind bars, tried as an adult and facing the death penalty.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 06:53:15 PM »
Every day we see more and more absolutely INSANE behavior by ADULTS restricting kids using their imaginations and play time.  Remember the kid who got in trouble because he had bitten chunks out of his pop tart and made it into the shape of a gun?  Yeah.  More chlorine in the gene pool please!

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

ESPMan

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 10:41:58 PM »
It's understood that schools have rules. When I went to school, their responsibility for you started when you walked out your front door, ans stopped when you entered your home again. Thats was their accountability for their students. But lets try to interject a little common sense people. I think this is the school board trying to appease the fascist community of Virginia Beach (I lived there for two years when I was in the military, and trust me, they HATE military there.) So now the question is, where does one draw the line? If my child is on vacation in Hawaii and gets a stern talking to about using an airsoft gun, does the school board reserve the right to punish him anyway?
The greatest threat to any society is its ignorance and inaction towards the evil that dwells within it.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 10:56:16 PM »
Schools have a responsibility from the time the kids walk onto the school yard until they walk off. If they take a bus then the time on that bus is also included. It ends there! If the child is walking home and gets hurt or attacked its not the schools responsibility. If the kid is home and gets hurt in his yard its not the schools responsibility. Its time parents and adults take some responsibility for their own family. This includes telling the school board to but the he|| outta business that's not theirs.. ie as in our own personal yards.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 11:14:12 PM »
"It Takes A Village"! Shades of Hillary.  Parents need to take the control back from the local school boards.  Some boards may actually welcome parental involvement. Good luck.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 11:59:15 AM »
I said the following in a previous post on another thread that when I was young we brought guns to school for hunter safety class and were taught how to clean and disassemble them in shop class.
Many kids kept the hunting rifles in their pickup gun racks. I always had my .22 with me in my car in high school. My how times have changed.

Personal time and liberties are almost non existent anymore. Way too many "political correct" and way too may mentally deranged, and way too many absolutely ignorant people that can't think for themselves.
(off soap box now)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Poppop XDM

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2013, 06:07:44 PM »
Seniorgeek,  I agree and we drank from tthe garden hose, rode our bikes without helmets, played cowboy and indians in the yard and did not harm each other, played until dark and came in without being high and got my backside slapped if I deserved it and I think I turned out pretty well. Married 36 years to the same women with 2 kids and 5 grandkids.
Kent County

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 06:26:06 PM »
Married 36 years to the same women with 2 kids and 5 grandkids.
@poppop XDM, how's that working out? ::) I'm happy with one for 45+ years!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 06:28:10 PM by Cbmarine »
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2013, 06:40:44 PM »

My first wife traded me in, and I ended up with a newer model. W1 was a classic '51, where W2 is a '75.
I haven't met W3 yet; it'll be cheaper if I wait a few more years... prom dresses are expensive!
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2013, 12:23:44 AM »
LOL, I'm LOL'ing over here.  Women..  being traded in..    heheheee

I got traded in last year. Havent found any man worth giving a second date  ;D   But you guys are funny.  I wish that things were as simple and innocent as they used to be. I remember growing up drinking out of the hose, riding my bike with no helmet (back when banana seats were common lol), and if I dared to be a brat, I got a stern talking to by my neighbor and my mother knew before I got home that I was stirring the pot!  I didnt dare act up in school or on the bus. I respected my parents and all adults!  SMH.  There's a reason i dont have kids I guess.  :) 

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2013, 01:20:34 PM »

Times have definitely changed and not for the better. Political correctness is a big culprit. Anyone who wants some good reading check out Pat Buchanan's Suicide of a Super Power book. Pretty much gives lot of insight how America went to hell and will cease to exist as we know it. It is far from politically correct, but to an open mind there is much to agree with.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2013, 12:22:15 AM »

Well guys I am at 43 years with wife 1 and plan to keep it that way. I am not politically correct and says what I am thinking and it they don't like it, tough.
"God, Guns, and Automobiles" all good stuff.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2013, 02:17:11 AM »

Times have definitely changed and not for the better. Political correctness is a big culprit. Anyone who wants some good reading check out Pat Buchanan's Suicide of a Super Power book. Pretty much gives lot of insight how America went to hell and will cease to exist as we know it. It is far from politically correct, but to an open mind there is much to agree with.

Actually, I think political correctness is a small part of the problem. Entitlement, zero manners, zero respect for others, and just plain rude people (who are now raising kids of their own) is the problem. Parents who sit back and just don't parent are the biggest problem. This isn't something that has just started. It's been going on for decades and is just now really doing damage.  Ex: Yesterday, I stood behind a grandmother and her grandson as I waited in line at Rite Aid. She had already paid for everything and the clerk was doing whatever he had to do with her check to complete the sale. He had already run all over the store while she was checking out. He ran up and said get me this pack of gum, as he picked up a pack and put it on the counter.  She explained she had already paid for everything. He reached up in her shirt pocket and attempted to get some cash!  SMH. She had WAY more patience than I would have with his behind. He wouldnt sit down for a week! 

I'm envious of all the folks on here that have been married to the same person for so long. :)  It's how it's supposed to be.

Moosie.