State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

State Supreme Court Grants DSSA amicus curiea

(1/2) > >>

SturmRugerSR9:
DSSA and Bridgeville Gun Club filed a proposal to appeal the case of Doe vs. Wilmington Housing Authority.  They are trying to overturn the ruling that says, if a person in the WHA owns a gun they cannot carry it anywhere but in their home. The arguement should be the US Constitution does not stipulate or limit where one has the right to protect themselves or bare arms. This would make the WHA rule unconstitutional, by Federal Law.

seniorgeek:
I received an email from the Bridgeville Rifle and Gun club about this issues and and how they filed a amacus brief and it was permitted.
Good new all around.

Moosie:
Who the f in their right mind passed such a rule that allowed this horse crap in the first place????   

>:(   This makes me see red when blatant common sense was thrown out the window over things like this. 

Moosie

oldgraygeek:
This is a perfect example of constitutional rights being taken from people who can't afford them.

New York City is the extreme: Howard Stern (my hero!) and Donald Trump (not so much) can get concealed carry permits, but a guy who works two jobs to afford a $2000/month one-bedroom apartment with hot and cold running cockroaches doesn't stand a chance.

Our carry permits probably cost each of us, on average, $500+ for the initial application & training. If you have young kids and work at Home Depot, you can't afford that. A single mom with a restraining order against a violent ex may have the right to get a shall-issue permit in Delaware, but she is unlikely to have the means.

So, the WHA figured, "Hey, if they're poor enough to live in our housing project, f*** them and their rights." Kudos to the DSSA and Bridgeville Gun Club for fighting back.

Moosie:
Thanks, OldGray.

I'm sorry that I missed this going through the courts. Rights are not given based on someone's income level...   well...  they shouldn't be.  I'd have gladly gone and explained this to the jerks who suggested this in the first place.

Moosie.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version