Author Topic: Hunting with .22 question  (Read 8105 times)

Bmel17

Re: Hunting with .22 question
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2013, 02:48:22 AM »
1022 takedown model was created to compete with the henry survival rifle and the Armalite AR-7.  Lot of preppers store these in their trunks

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2013, 03:10:19 AM »
CB I had walked away thinking I had that wrong but oh well. :) Thanks for the correction

Moosie congrats on the new rifle. I bought the black synthetic stock with the stainless barrel. The Takedown version I mentioned above takes seconds to assemble and disassemble. Just a bit of extra info for you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_6xUhmF1nc#t=16

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2013, 04:08:28 AM »
Hmmm..., if I still have my car to drive around if SHTF like many folks are thinking, I think I'd be carrying a lot more with me than just this rifle. Meaning, breaking it down wouldn't be a thought.  Again, am I missing something? 

Thanks for the info though. Something to ponder.  :)

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Knotacare

• NRA Endowment Member VFW Life Member
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2013, 11:43:08 AM »
I also have the Ruger 10/22 takedown.  It can be assembled in seconds & it seems to be very accurate. 25 round magazines are available as are the 3 10 round combos. You are able to pack well over 100 rounds in a small bag. I think they are a great addition to anyone's collection.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2013, 12:41:44 AM »
Definitely something I'll think about.  I'm not one to trade a firearm in on another..  but I might make the exception right now due to funds. 

Thanks for everyones input and info!!   ;D

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident