Author Topic: CCDW Club  (Read 11987 times)

TechGeek

CCDW Club
« on: September 30, 2013, 01:58:44 PM »
It's Official.....I am now part of the CCDW Club!!!

Permit came this past Saturday.  Only took 21 weeks and 3 days :P
Kent County

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: CCDW Club
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 02:10:44 PM »
Congrats!

Guess we have to disclose the secret handshake and challenge phrase.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

TechGeek

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 02:21:39 PM »
Congrats!

LOL...yes def have to discuss that.  Also the secret knock at the clubhouse ;D
Kent County

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 02:33:48 PM »
No, no that's only after you've collected more "baseball" cards....
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 04:22:30 PM »
Welcome aboard!  :)

Been only a few weeks for me now and its starting to feel normal already. Those first few outings felt a bit odd and self-conscious (everyone's watching me) but its going away. Did a full day of shopping with the wife and son then out for dinner and realized 1/2 way through dinner I really hadn't given it a lot of thought... getting used to the comfort I guess now. :)

Have you made your first CC outing yet? If so how did you feel?

TechGeek

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 05:55:10 PM »
Welcome aboard!  :)

Been only a few weeks for me now and its starting to feel normal already. Those first few outings felt a bit odd and self-conscious (everyone's watching me) but its going away. Did a full day of shopping with the wife and son then out for dinner and realized 1/2 way through dinner I really hadn't given it a lot of thought... getting used to the comfort I guess now. :)

Have you made your first CC outing yet? If so how did you feel?

Thanks for asking ;D  No, not yet but planning on it very soon.  I spent the weekend walking around with my IWB on and found that I don't like the way the leather rubs against my skin.  So I will be wearing an undershirt / t-shirt before wearing it again.

Kent County

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 09:07:24 PM »
...  I spent the weekend walking around with my IWB on and found that I don't like the way the leather rubs against my skin.  So I will be wearing an undershirt / t-shirt before wearing it again.

Horsehide holster is comfortable, but the Rough Texture Frame (RTF) took a few carries toughen up my skin. Don't notice either the leather or the frame now. Tried the t-shirt but it tends to ride up.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 11:43:19 PM »
I wanted horsehide but it wasn't an option for me. I'm wearing a new Comp-Tac MTAC holster and its been quite nice. It rubbed a bit the first few days but has become quite nice now after a week. The wife said it bothered her but she hasn't worn it much either.

Something to try.. Get some Moleskin and put on the backside of the holster so its against your skin. I did this and she liked it much more. I don't find I need it myself. I also lined the inside of the Kydex with Moleskin and found it made drawing/holstering the gun quieter. Don't know if it'll help resist wear on the gun or not.

Found I'm walking with an untucked t-shirt and a loose open button/casual shirt now instead of just a t-shirt. With a 'one size larger' t-shirt I can tuck and walk around all day with no issues.

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 11:51:21 PM »
Congrats!

LOL...yes def have to discuss that.  Also the secret knock at the clubhouse ;D

Secret to knock,  is dirived by a  Cat40 , being tapped againts door repeadilly.   and saying "I have tooling".   
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 12:11:19 AM »
"I have tooling"
Is that what the kids are calling it these days?  ???
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 02:39:05 AM »
Welcome!!

Congrats!

HaHa!!
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

joek

• NRA Life Member, USCG veteran
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 02:44:50 AM »
Congrats!

TechGeek

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2013, 03:23:07 PM »
...  I spent the weekend walking around with my IWB on and found that I don't like the way the leather rubs against my skin.  So I will be wearing an undershirt / t-shirt before wearing it again.

Horsehide holster is comfortable, but the Rough Texture Frame (RTF) took a few carries toughen up my skin. Don't notice either the leather or the frame now. Tried the t-shirt but it tends to ride up.

Good info...will try the t-shirt this week to see if it rides up for me as well.  If so will have to get used to the leather against the skin I guess.
Kent County

TechGeek

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2013, 03:24:35 PM »
I wanted horsehide but it wasn't an option for me. I'm wearing a new Comp-Tac MTAC holster and its been quite nice. It rubbed a bit the first few days but has become quite nice now after a week. The wife said it bothered her but she hasn't worn it much either.

Something to try.. Get some Moleskin and put on the backside of the holster so its against your skin. I did this and she liked it much more. I don't find I need it myself. I also lined the inside of the Kydex with Moleskin and found it made drawing/holstering the gun quieter. Don't know if it'll help resist wear on the gun or not.

Found I'm walking with an untucked t-shirt and a loose open button/casual shirt now instead of just a t-shirt. With a 'one size larger' t-shirt I can tuck and walk around all day with no issues.

I was def considering the MTAC holster but didn't want to shell out that kind of money yet until I made sure the IWB was for me.  I may have to give the moleskin trick a try if I can't seem to get used to the leather.
Kent County

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2013, 11:05:44 PM »
I was really concerned for the same reason. It's a fair amount of cash to layout to find you don't like it. Still, after a lot of reading I bought it and I'm very happy with it.

I really didn't know how the IWB holster would feel either. Would be comfortable, bulky, chaffing, heavy, need 'next size up' pants, etc. I've found it to be very comfortable after a few days of wear. Fits in my current pants just fine. No chaffing at all which really surprised me and with the gun belt the heft of a full sized hand gun is minimal.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 11:13:34 PM by Adrenolin »