Author Topic: Family shootout in Pennsylvania ends with four deaths  (Read 3859 times)

Adrenolin

• Life Member
Family shootout in Pennsylvania ends with four deaths
« on: October 01, 2013, 03:38:40 AM »
Decades old Family Feud comes to an end. At least they kept it in the family and not in a restaurant, movie theater, mall or school. Never a good thing regardless.

http://www.examiner.com/article/2013-30-09-family-shootout-pennsylvania-ends-with-four-deaths?cid=sm-facebook-093013-2.00pm-familyshootout

Tragedy occurred Friday evening in Asheville, a small town in central Pennsylvania, when a shootout between family members left four people slain.

Late Friday evening, John Frew (67), his wife Roberta (64) and their adult son, John Jr. (47) were sitting around the Frew's living room, when someone knocked at the door. The caller was their estranged daughter, Josephine (43) and her husband, Jeffrey Ruckinger (43).

Josephine had been on bad terms with her family for over 20 years, after a 20-year-old Josephine "and a boyfriend trashed her parents' home and stole items including a pistol, then fled to Pittsburgh." A relative explained that the Frews had had little to do with her in the intervening years.

As Roberta Frew opened the front door, Josephine opened fire with a sawed-off 12-gauge shotgun, killing her mother. The two assailants then entered the house, killing John Jr. with a shot to his chest.

Retrieving a .22 caliber revolver from a back bedroom, John Sr. entered the living room. Josephine pointed her gun at him. John Frew opened fire on the intruders, killing his daughter with a single shot to the head. Jeffrey Ruckinger was also felled by several bullets. John, Sr. remained unharmed.

The motive for this crime is currently being investigated by local authorities in the small Pennsylvania town. While the family's rocky past would seem to have played a part in the crime, police have yet to release further details.

Moosie

• Life Member
Re: Family shootout in Pennsylvania ends with four deaths
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 02:21:09 AM »
WTH is wrong with people? 

I too am glad they kept it all in the family. SMH

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 01:17:21 AM »
Moosie, I agree.  It is hard to understand the bitterness some people have and to display it violently is inexcusable. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 03:13:42 AM »
I just do not get people sometime. like others I am glad this did not happen out in public like at a restaurant as that would give the anti's more propaganda.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 01:11:42 PM »
I'm glad it didn't happen in a restaurant or public place as well...  however if it did, I hope that a citizen carrying a concealed weapon could have put a stop to every last one of them and then had THAT all over the news. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 03:12:14 PM »
I'm glad it didn't happen in a restaurant or public place as well...  however if it did, I hope that a citizen carrying a concealed weapon could have put a stop to every last one of them and then had THAT all over the news. 

Moosie

I agree moosie, but sadly since it does not fit an agenda we typically won't hear about a good guy with a gun except a Cop stopping a bad guy with a gun. IT would be great if news was fair and balanced though.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 06:04:44 PM »

Moosie

I agree moosie, but sadly since it does not fit an agenda we typically won't hear about a good guy with a gun except a Cop stopping a bad guy with a gun. IT would be great if news was fair and balanced though.

Perhaps we can all write to President Putin and ask him to explain Journalistic Integrity to American new outlets.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 11:59:33 PM »

Moosie

Perhaps we can all write to President Putin and ask him to explain Journalistic Integrity to American new outlets.

Never thought I would even remotely think this but if you can own guns in russia it is sounding like an ok place the way america is heading.  It is pretty bad when there are quite a few americans who trust putin more than obama.

I love my country, but my government is disgracing it everyday.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2013, 12:21:20 AM »

Reminds me of a very old joke from the '60s.
Had a car race in Russia between an American V8 and a Russian flathead six where the US car won handily.  The next day Pravda reported that the Russian car came in second while the US car finished next to last.

Hmmm, sounds like our mainstream media, methinks!
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.