Author Topic: Marine hit in face in wilmington  (Read 4786 times)

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
Marine hit in face in wilmington
« on: October 03, 2013, 10:52:28 PM »
http://www.wdel.com/story.php?id=53990

Brendan O'Toole of Alexandria Virginia began his 3,600 mile Run for Veterans in California last November on Veterans Day.

He was running along 6th and Market Streets in Wilmington Wednesday when a man punched him in the face.

"I just didn't see it come it, I mean when he hit me it swept me right off my feet," says O'Toole.

Meantime, O'Toole says his run-in Wilmington was the only problem he's had along his entire cross country trek. He hopes to finish the run in Portland, Maine this November while raising two million bucks for veterans.

SAD.    Delaware, is now ranked a little higher.   
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
Re: Marine hit in face in wilmington
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 12:17:38 AM »
Very sad indeed.  :(

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 02:56:24 AM »
Does not surprise me the way the city has gotten. I think it is starting to rank up there in most violent cities.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 03:14:28 AM »
I'm glad he changed his mind and went to the police, who arrested the guy.  No one should take that especially a member of our military!
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 02:19:46 PM »
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 03:19:23 PM »
YAY!!!!  They caught the POS that punched him. 

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20131004/NEWS01/310040035/Surveillance-camera-leads-capture-Marine-jogger-s-slugger

Moosie

As bad as our justice system is ( for real crooks) I am sure he will get a slap on the wrist though. I am thinking this guy was probably not a national merit finalist or outstanding member of society. Call it a hunch.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 06:16:31 PM »
I don't know. It'll depend on the judge but I know he'd get no leniency from me at all. It's bad enough to attack someone but then to attack someone like this doing what he is doing... I'd like to know if it was targeted directly towards the marine or if it was just a random attack.

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 11:56:58 PM »
I don't know. It'll depend on the judge but I know he'd get no leniency from me at all. It's bad enough to attack someone but then to attack someone like this doing what he is doing... I'd like to know if it was targeted directly towards the marine or if it was just a random attack.

True and I don't think he should, but there are people who shoot someone, get 7 years out in 3 then shoot a cop like what happened when that wilmington police officer was shot in the face. His parter is married to a woman from my church. That hit home when my wife heard.

ESPMan

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2013, 12:33:39 AM »
I wonder if this was another iteration of the knock-out game.
The greatest threat to any society is its ignorance and inaction towards the evil that dwells within it.

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2013, 11:07:26 PM »

Would not surprise me in the least bit.

Notice how some groups are so after stand your ground laws so people are defenseless.

ESPMan

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2013, 01:23:43 PM »

Would not surprise me in the least bit.

Notice how some groups are so after stand your ground laws so people are defenseless.

Agreed. I'm just happy they caught the guy.
The greatest threat to any society is its ignorance and inaction towards the evil that dwells within it.