Author Topic: Received Conditional Approval (5 wk turn around)  (Read 3404 times)

TheMessick

Received Conditional Approval (5 wk turn around)
« on: October 05, 2013, 09:12:51 PM »
This past Wednesday (10/2) I received a notice from the Prothonotary saying that I have been approved for my permit, provided I submit the proof of handgun safety course. The only reason I'm posting this is because of the insanely short turn around time of 5 weeks! One of my friends has been waiting on his permit for over 4 months!  I'm taking the course tomorrow and should have it to the Prothonotary on Monday, I had just been putting it off because I figured I would have plenty of time. Has anyone else been getting such a fast response in Kent County?

Re: Received Conditional Approval (5 wk turn around)
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 11:27:15 PM »
I wonder if applying before you take your class is a way to get them to make it snappy?
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 11:36:41 PM »
Congrats.  Do you have a class lined up?
Know where you can get one real soon.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

TheMessick

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 12:19:41 AM »
Yeah I have a class lined up for tomorrow. I guess all the planets aligned for me or something to get it back this fast. I don't think i should question my good luck though.  ;)

NavyMarine

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2014, 05:18:33 PM »
I recieved mine in New Castle County in about 5 or 6 weeks back in June.  I was really surprised by the quick turnaround.  My PA permit was even faster, just over 5 days from start to finish.  I was concerned because I did not have an interview and none of my references were ever called.