Author Topic: Anyone see this on the Smyrna Police Departments FB page?  (Read 6028 times)

JayClark79

Anyone see this on the Smyrna Police Departments FB page?
« on: October 15, 2013, 10:37:07 PM »
What are your thoughts to these people lol.

"Last week a group of police officers from another jurisdiction in this state were training in the Smyrna area when they decided to stop at Pat's Pizza for lunch. A patron complained about the officers wearing their firearms and wanted them to either leave or put the firearms in their vehicles. Pat's management refused to comply with the patron's request and advised that he likes the police in his establishment. From all of us here at the Smyrna Police Department, Thank-you Pat's!"

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: Anyone see this on the Smyrna Police Departments FB page?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 10:49:18 PM »
I think if a business refuses to let police officers wear guns in their establishment, then the police should refuse to respond to robbery calls from the establishment.  After all they can't bring guns, so why come at all. Maybe the establishment owner can ask the robbers to please put their guns in their car. Yeah, that'll work............
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

groundgrid

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 11:17:18 PM »
IMO we all need to get Hoplophobia covered under ObamaCare. Would love to hand the "patron" in question a business card from a local shrink & suggest that they call to discuss their fears.

My father owned a small retail business (dry-cleaning & tailoring). The  police were ALWAYS welcome in his shop even if just to get out of the weather. He cleaned & pressed uniforms for cost. In the event of a funeral their dress uniforms fit perfectly. When our house was broken into it was handled like a million dollar bank robbery. Those cops encouraged me to learn to shoot, even coached me when I was at the local range. One of our neighbors would cook a couple of extra turkeys on Thanksgiving & invite the on duty officers to stop in for a meal.

Where & how has society changed so much that police officers are no longer respected & thanked for the jobs that they do?
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

ThePixelated

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 12:16:45 AM »
What are your thoughts to these people lol.

"Last week a group of police officers from another jurisdiction in this state were training in the Smyrna area when they decided to stop at Pat's Pizza for lunch. A patron complained about the officers wearing their firearms and wanted them to either leave or put the firearms in their vehicles. Pat's management refused to comply with the patron's request and advised that he likes the police in his establishment. From all of us here at the Smyrna Police Department, Thank-you Pat's!"

HA! That's like the parents in California (I think) complaining to the principal about the police office picking up his daughter in uniform (green SWAT fatigues) with his gun on his hip. There was a follow-up article with the police officer response to it.

Yeah, today's parents are a bunch of wussies. Glad I don't have kids.

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 10:34:06 PM »
I've seen and been around  a lot of cops.  I have never personally seen or dealt with an unprofessional LEO.  TV says that most of them are bad cops but only half of the U.S. believes that ..thanks LSM.

Never really did get the "being scared of LEO" theme until rap started.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2013, 01:45:19 AM »
This guy must be one of the perpetually offended who believe their right not to be offended outweighs whatever insignificant rights (in his mind) that you may think you have.  It is nice to have them around occasionally as a reality check whenever we start to think that maybe, just maybe, that it is possible a lib might finally start to get it. ::)(except for of course our resident lib who I think really does get it but he can't admit too much or they will take his card away) ;D
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 10:20:01 AM by Hawkeye »

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 01:41:51 AM »
This goes beyond brilliant, but i would also be ticked if it were a private citizen and some sheep complained.

Their fear should not trump our rights.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 03:57:40 AM »
Their fear should not trump our rights.

Absolutely Correct!

Capnball

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2013, 03:16:01 PM »
I wonder if that @@@@-fool patron has anything productive to do with their time and energy? I mean.... there must be some tree that needs a hug or a protest against global warming to attend somewhere. Had I been the manager, I think I would have told the patron that "we are going to hold an NRA Home Firearms Safety class in your booth in five minutes, you're invited to stay for the class, if you'd like".

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2013, 07:37:36 PM »
I am happy that these things are happening. It really shows off the stupidity of these anti-gunners to everyone. Front page news. It's no longer just about citizens. LEO's and military are now included in the uproar.
New Castle County