Author Topic: Cabelas?  (Read 16496 times)

Kilroy08

Cabelas?
« on: October 28, 2013, 12:00:05 AM »
Has anybody heard anything more on if Cabelas has finalized its decision to build a store in Christiana?

Last I heard it was rumored to be on hold due to the gun control panic earlier this year.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Re: Cabelas?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 12:36:33 AM »
It's there. It has walls. They're in the middle of building it.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Kilroy08

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 03:06:17 AM »
Sweet!

Christiana Mall is one of those areas I think I only go maybe once or twice a year, so I've been a little bit behind on the new construction.

joek

• NRA Life Member, USCG veteran
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 05:05:48 AM »
You can't miss the building if you are leaving the mall going north on 95.  I was surprised to see that they are building it there and not in the new section behind Don Pablo's.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 09:38:37 AM »
You can't miss the building if you are leaving the mall going north on 95.  I was surprised to see that they are building it there and not in the new section behind Don Pablo's.
From what I've seen, Cabela's likes their buildings to be visible from the Interstate. It's an "impulse stop" for many travelers. Personally, we like to eat at their restaurants when we're on the highway.

Beretta92

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 12:06:21 AM »
Cabelas will be a top selling store being in tax free Delaware and being so close to PA.,NJ, MD and everyone else who drives thru on I95. The Apple store in the Christiana mall is one of the highest in sales for Apple for the same reason.

I have a lot of brother in laws and friends who hunt, fish and are in to guns, I guess we will getting a lot of visitors once the store opens up.

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2013, 01:28:54 AM »
When it opens I see a few trips up North in my future.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 01:44:36 AM »
Best part for me is it's literally around the corner.  And yes I do drive by and check the progress every other week.
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 01:51:16 AM »
Anyone know of its expected opening date?

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 01:54:26 AM »
Anyone know of its expected opening date?

Summer 2014 is all I know.  But I do business with the contractor doing the sprinkler system install and he's going to let me know of an actual date when he knows.
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2013, 03:21:45 AM »
Thanks

tz9x21

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2013, 09:38:22 PM »
HVAC units were placed on the roof last week.
"... so my wife says, don't you have enough guns?" to which I reply, "My dear, there is no such thing as enough guns."

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2013, 02:14:44 AM »
Let's just hope that our local gun dealers are not impacted by this
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2013, 02:34:07 AM »
Let's just hope that our local gun dealers are not impacted by this

Personally, we plan to buy clothing and food there. (They @@@@ well better have a café)...

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2013, 12:46:24 PM »
As a real estate agent, I can say that it's the same or similar rapport that local gun dealers should be cultivating with customers so that regardless if a big box store moves in (or some other RE company in my case), they don't lose business. A few customers will always stray, but in the end, the customers you really want to do business with, aren't going anywhere. 

Those (like a certain dover indoor range, a certain "supply" store on Route 10 in Dover) who don't have the interest to give a crap about their customers or being competitive with their pricing, and simply EXPECT them to return are the ones who will be hurt by Cabela's moving in.  Even though these two are in Dover, I know plenty of folks who drive up that way regularly who live as far down as Milford. They'll be heading to Cabela's with no problem. 

In any instance that your customers have a choice, you should be making sure your customers are well taken care of when they do business with you.

I'll save my shameless plug for everyone to go so Federal Firearms in Middletown for great service and prices for another thread.  hehehe

Ok, I'm getting off my soap box now. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident