Author Topic: Gun violence in Wilmington claims 135th victim, exceeding 2012 total  (Read 3572 times)

groundgrid

• Life Member
What will it take to get the Attorney General in this state to aggressively pursue the criminals who are rapidly tuning the City of Wilmington into a no-man's land.

The clearance rate for homicides in Wilmington has been averaging around 45% and is less than 20% for non-homicide shootings.

Give the Wilmington Police Dept the resources they need to catch the killers.
Put them away for a VERY long time.

I would bet that there are, at most, a few hundred really bad perpetrators in the city who are responsible for a large percentage of the violent crime.

Apparently Beau is way too busy going after law abiding citizens who happen to own guns.
With every new law that was introduced last session, the AG's office had an attorney at the relevant committee hearing.
That attorney could have been prosecuting criminals. I guess it's just a matter of priorities.
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

Adrenolin

• Life Member
Re: Gun violence in Wilmington claims 135th victim, exceeding 2012 total
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 09:49:54 AM »
The Delaware prison system is 1/2 the problem and they are full to over flowing.. mostly with minor infractions and even those simply awaiting a hearing! Cells designed for 2 now have a 3rd in every one sleeping on the floor. The Gym in one prison was cleared, filled with cots and even that is now full. The AG nor the Governor will even address new prisons being built. I had read they were going to have to early release dozens of criminals because of the overcrowding.

I was floored reading the article on the prison system in this state. a couple weeks ago I was reading it IIRC De Online.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 02:39:29 PM »
For the most part, my understanding is that the police do have what they need...   however, when a demographic decides they refuse to be a snitch, their hands are tied. No one ever sees anything.

Honestly, I have zero reason to go into the city at this point other than the occasional trip to the court house. Nothing of the regularly reported violence in the city surprises me. I think I'm more surprised when there isnt anything reported.  Wilmington has been going down hill for years and it's not getting any better. I doubt it ever will.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Beretta92

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 03:04:20 PM »
We went to the Wilmington Riverfront on Saturday afternoon to see the movie Gravity at the Penn Cinema IMAX. It was a nice facility, very clean compared to other movie theaters in the area. I know that they do not allow any weapons which did not bother me too much since it was in the afternoon. The Riverfront area seems pretty safe during the day time hours. I have never been there and probably wont't be there after dark.

The movie Gravity is worth seeing in 3D, especially in the IMAX format.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 06:38:31 PM »
We went to the Wilmington Riverfront on Saturday afternoon to see the movie Gravity at the Penn Cinema IMAX. It was a nice facility, very clean compared to other movie theaters in the area. I know that they do not allow any weapons which did not bother me too much since it was in the afternoon. The Riverfront area seems pretty safe during the day time hours. I have never been there and probably wont't be there after dark.

That sign doesn't bother us too much because... it does not have force of law. We can carry in there; if they noticed (why would they) all they could do is ask us to leave.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 07:13:54 PM »
I know that they do not allow any weapons ...

+1 on the movie.  It was very good.

CONCEALED means .....  Do NOT go anywhere without it where I am legally able to do so.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 11:29:27 PM »
Ah yes, Wilmington! The Chicago of the east! Like most cities, I seldom, if ever go there. Would rather drive extra miles to go around it. I have no use for cities. Bad JuJu.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun