Author Topic: Rob Pincus / Personal Defense Network training videos  (Read 9120 times)

Moosie

• Life Member
Rob Pincus / Personal Defense Network training videos
« on: October 30, 2013, 01:12:01 PM »
I'm a huge fan of Rob Pincus. He's an instructor and essentially travels the country training groups on various topics and at different levels.

I thought you guys might enjoy and benefit from his videos he's got on youtube. 

http://youtu.be/Rs5MSb6r_8k  This one is on Carrying Concealed with an Empty Chamber.

Enjoy and be sure to look through the other videos he has uploaded!

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Newlife503

• Life Member
Re: Rob Pincus / Personal Defense Network training videos
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 01:25:14 PM »
Couldn't agree more.  I will say when I first got my permit I was a little apprehensive about going about my day with a gun loaded and chambered on my hip.  I did however know that carrying it without a chambered round would make carrying the gun pointless.  So in the beginning I chose to carry my Ruger SR9C which has an external safety for a few months.  I have become accustomed to carrying now so I switched to my preferred EDC gun a Glock 19 and I have no worries what so ever because my comp-tac Minotaur holster completely covers the trigger and I know the gun will not come out unless I pull it out.  To make a long story short if your apprehensive about carrying with a chambered round get a gun with an external safety.  It's still not ideal since you still have an extra step to take in order to fire but it's a lot easier than racking a slide.
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 01:28:31 PM »
I have one of Ron Pincus' Home and Self Defense DVD's and have viewed it many times and many of my friends have come over to see it. He is one of the greats in firearms instruction.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2013, 04:08:57 PM »
To get used to Condition 1 (round in chamber) with a Glock: without a magazine, rack the slide to cock it; insert the magazine; carry for the day; unload it.  If the Glock is still cocked at the end of the day, you haven't had an "accidental discharge". Repeat for a couple of days.  Then you should be comfortable with condition 1.  Worked for me.
However, if in the house with kids running around, I'll regress to Condition 3.

On Rob Pincus: have several of his videos and his Combat Focus Shooting book.  I'm working on Balance of Speed and Precision.  Great instructor.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 04:10:56 PM by Cbmarine »
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

lems902

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2013, 04:12:37 PM »
I love his videos too.  I think I have watched them all.  Learn something new every time.  I should look into some of his DVDs myself!
New Castle County
NRA Patron Life Member
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
DE/PA/FL CCDW permits

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 09:06:19 PM »
His videos are great. I've thought it would be cool to get a group together and have him come host a course.  ;D

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, 01:09:07 PM »
let me reach out to Rob. I know he's booked out a bit right now. I'll get some details and then post to see if there's enough interest.  I know there's enough interest from surrounding areas to do it, but I'd offer it here first.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Rob Pincus

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, 05:33:01 PM »
Thanks for all the kind words on the DVDs and Videos, guys!

I'd definitely be interested in doing a class in Delaware sometime... someone with a range email rob@icetraining.us and we'll get the office involved to try to find dates that work.

Train Well!

-Rob

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2013, 07:28:26 PM »
Rob, awesome!!  I'll be in touch! 

Moosie

Rfscanner

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2013, 09:25:53 PM »
That's Awesome, Delmarva Sportsman Association range in Sudlersville Md. would be a good one.
"A government that does not trust its honest, law-abiding, tax paying citizens with the means of self-defense is not itself worthy of trust." Founding Fathers.
NRA, DSSA and DSA Member.
Kent County

lems902

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2013, 12:32:36 AM »
I'm in for any course of his!!!  Whenever and wherever!  :)
New Castle County
NRA Patron Life Member
DE/PA/FL CCDW permits

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2013, 04:43:57 AM »
Ok, I need some help and input..  I'm going to start a poll so we can get this underway.

I'm forwarding some info that was passed along to me today.. 

We need a range to hold the event on. Keep in mind, most "clubs" are not interested on having someone else come in and make money at their facility. That being said, we need a contact name and number directly related with a range who is willing to host such an event. Requirements are as follows: Range: room for 12 stands, 30 FT min for Combat Focus Shooting handgun, 50 FT Advanced Pistol Handling, 100 FT for Combat Focus Carbine. Combat Focus Carbine: Barricade/barrels of some type.

Classes may be taught by Rob Pincus OR, he has certified instructors he can send as well. Do we have a preference?  Im not sure if the price is different if we choose someone other than Rob to teach it.

Here's where the poll will come in..  we need to narrow down exactly what class we want!  Some of the classes are: Combat Focus Shooting, Advanced Pistol Handling, Combat Focus Carbine and Extreme Close Quarters Tactics. The Advanced Pistol Handling Class requires having taken the Combat Focus Shooting course or the one day Fundamentals of Combat Focus Shooting class in advance. You can check on the Combat Focus Shooting website (http://combatfocusshooting.com/ ) or the I.C.E. Training web site (http://www.icetraining.us/index.html )  for info on each course and any prerequisites. There are other classes as well listed there.

The student’s cost for class is $500 for Combat Focus Shooting, $600 for Advanced Pistol Handling, $500 for Extreme Close Quarter Tactics, and $600 for Combat Focus Carbine. All of these classes are 2 day classes. The Combat Focus Shooting Instructor Development class is 5 days and is $1500.00. There is a prerequisite for that class of having attended a Combat Focus Shooting class.

Class size: 12 people maximum unless approved by Rob Pincus. For a minimum number of students, there isn’t a set number, but usually if there are at least 4 or 5 students, the class will go on. This is subject to the instructor’s decision though.

Please let me know your feedback!!  My impression is that Rob is already booking quickly for 2014 and we are most likely not looking at anything very soon. 

Moosie

lems902

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2013, 06:50:20 PM »
I just voted on your other thread.  Personally, I would love to take a class taught by Rob himself!  I feel like this is something I would normally have to travel for - so to have him personally locally would be amazing.  I'm sure all of his instructors are phenomenoal, but my preference would be Rob if available - and I would be willing to pay a premium for that option!
New Castle County
NRA Patron Life Member
DE/PA/FL CCDW permits

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2013, 07:09:20 PM »
I just got this lifetime FrontSight Diamond membership... so my training budget for the next twenty years will be divided between Georgia Arms (for ammo) and airfare back & forth to Nevada.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2013, 09:12:02 PM »
Would make sense to go with the Combat Focus Shooting to start with. It's a 2 day course and I noticed they have it combined with the Advanced Pistol Handling for a 3 day course. Would be my first choose. The Close Quarters Tactics would be something I'd consider next.