Author Topic: Action Pistol  (Read 23871 times)

del elec

• Life Member
Action Pistol
« on: November 07, 2013, 01:18:12 PM »
I understand that DSPC is having a beginners Action Pistol night on the 13th. Can anyone verify?
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
Re: Action Pistol
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 02:03:22 PM »
John Davidson, who runs AP, says "Yes"
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 03:57:04 PM »
Radnor...  care to comment?

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 09:10:26 PM »
What can I say that CBMarine did not already say?

Posted on DELOC:
Just sent to the members @ DSPC:

Good morning to all!

On Wednesday November 13 @ 5:30PM we will be having Action Pistol for beginners. This event is open to members and non-members. Cost for members: $3.00 and non-members: $5.00. You will need a strong side holster and 50-60 rounds of ammo.

I am asking the regular AP shooters not to shoot this night so we can introduce new shooters to AP.

As always, be safe.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 09:28:28 PM »

Quite a bit I'd say ;)

Wish I could make this as its something I've been thinking about. I've watched it a bit and it looks like fun. Unfortunately I'll be out of town for it.

del elec

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 10:05:50 PM »

Posted on DELOC:
Just sent to the members @ DSPC:

Good morning to all!

On Wednesday November 13 @ 5:30PM we will be having Action Pistol for beginners. This event is open to members and non-members. Cost for members: $3.00 and non-members: $5.00. You will need a strong side holster and 50-60 rounds of ammo.

I am asking the regular AP shooters not to shoot this night so we can introduce new shooters to AP.

As always, be safe.

Thanks guys. Looking forward to giving it a go.
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 10:19:52 PM »

Quite a bit I'd say ;)

Wish I could make this as its something I've been thinking about. I've watched it a bit and it looks like fun. Unfortunately I'll be out of town for it.
So come on a Monday night.  I did not shoot it for the longest time thinking they're all better than me.
They were.  But you have to start sometime.  And you'll improve.  And best of all, there is ALWAYS
someone starting it AFTER you...
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2013, 12:44:00 AM »
So come on a Monday night.  I did not shoot it for the longest time thinking they're all better than me.
They were.  But you have to start sometime.  And you'll improve.  And best of all, there is ALWAYS
someone starting it AFTER you...

Agree. Some are faster, some are more accurate, and, of course, there is the irritating group that shoots faster and more accurately. The best thing is that you can make your mistakes in a benign environment where there is a coach who will happily suggest a way to improve. Don't drop your magazine though; all you'll get is a smart remark.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 03:52:02 AM »
Thanks. Hitting the road shortly but when I get back I'd like to stop in and give it a try. It looks like fun.

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2013, 11:11:06 PM »
Can't make this Wednesday but would to try it to compare to IDPA.
Let me know when the next beginner is going to be scheduled.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

lems902

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2013, 07:51:22 PM »
Darn - I already promised my son and his friend that I would take them out that night.   I would absolutely LOVE to attend a beginner AP night.  Please post when the next one will be so I can free up my schedule.  What an awesome idea!
New Castle County
NRA Patron Life Member
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
DE/PA/FL CCDW permits

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2013, 12:48:40 PM »
Darn - I already promised my son and his friend that I would take them out that night.   I would absolutely LOVE to attend a beginner AP night.  Please post when the next one will be so I can free up my schedule.  What an awesome idea!

Are you free tonight?  It's not a beginners night but you are welcome to come and play.
DSPC members shoot first then guests.  You will see the course shot 20 plus times. 
You WILL BE FINE.  Come on out and give it a try.

You'll need your gun, ammo, strong side holster, extra mag, and (IF YOU HAVE IT) a mag pouch.  I do not have a mag pouch yet personally
pockets work fine.

You'll see guys there with race guns and holsters, etc.  Most start out OC.  Personally I start out concealed and with the rig I'd be carrying
on the street.  Are my times as good?  No way, BUT I use it as training for the other side of the walls.

Can you go to Ommalanden or TM and draw from concealment?  Know at Omm you cannot, not sure about TM.

Last week there were 2 noobs who shot the qualifier but not the COF.  Chances they will be there tonight.
So if you join there will be 3.  Also last week there was 2 guys there who shot it just a few times, so they are
fairly new.

Personally, I think EVERYONE who is considering it should JUST DO IT! (where did I hear that before?)
After you do you'll be asking yourself why the HELL did I not do this sooner!  I did.

Did I say, YOU'LL BE JUST FINE?!? 

Now that it's getting cooler, bring a sweatshirt too.  The range will be brisk.  Cost is $3.00 for members and $5.00
for nonmembers.  All 3 COF will be handgun tonight.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2013, 03:01:06 PM »
There has been a question of can I bring my carry gun in on me and loaded? 

My reply:

You can have it on.  I do.  There will be 3 safe directions.  Down range and the side walls (provided balls are against the wall - no one get between you and the wall).

I personally come with a loaded LDA.  Go balls to the wall.  Pull it and put it in a different holster and bag it.  Then the 1911 I shoot that evening goes into my holster for AP.

What I would do if I were you.  You'll meet John (runs AP) tell him you need to unload.  He'll make you go balls to the wall down range.  Drop mag.  Then rack the one from the pipe.  Close slide.  Hammer down (CLICK).  Holster.  At that point you are clear and can move about the range.  Go to where your range bag is.  If you need that mag for the night, remove your carry ammo.  If you have 2 extra mags, leave carry mag loaded and just put it away.  COF will dictate how many rounds will be fired.  Load mags (but NOT gun) until told to do so.

When it is your turn to shoot, commands will be:
"Load and make ready."  Here is where you can draw, load, rack, safety on or decock, and then holster.
"Shooter ready?"  signal ready (nod or thumbs up)
"Stand by"  He will press a button on the timer.  ~3 seconds later you'll hear a beep.  Time to draw and engage.  After you've shot the COF (course of fire) he will come up to you and say: mag out, slide forward, hammer down (CLICK - pull the trigger), and holster.  There is NO time limit for reholstering either before shooting or after the COF has been shot.  Take your time and LOOK  as you are inserting your gun into the holster.
The he will say "Clear".  Then go score your target and record it and the time.

Then you'll say that was nothing.  Why did I not do this earlier!

Have fun and enjoy!

del elec

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2013, 04:28:20 PM »
There has been a question of can I bring my carry gun in on me and loaded? 

My reply:

You can have it on.  I do.  There will be 3 safe directions.  Down range and the side walls (provided balls are against the wall - no one get between you and the wall).

I personally come with a loaded LDA.  Go balls to the wall.  Pull it and put it in a different holster and bag it.  Then the 1911 I shoot that evening goes into my holster for AP.

What I would do if I were you.  You'll meet John (runs AP) tell him you need to unload.  He'll make you go balls to the wall down range.  Drop mag.  Then rack the one from the pipe.  Close slide.  Hammer down (CLICK).  Holster.  At that point you are clear and can move about the range.  Go to where your range bag is.  If you need that mag for the night, remove your carry ammo.  If you have 2 extra mags, leave carry mag loaded and just put it away.  COF will dictate how many rounds will be fired.  Load mags (but NOT gun) until told to do so.

When it is your turn to shoot, commands will be:
"Load and make ready."  Here is where you can draw, load, rack, safety on or decock, and then holster.
"Shooter ready?"  signal ready (nod or thumbs up)
"Stand by"  He will press a button on the timer.  ~3 seconds later you'll hear a beep.  Time to draw and engage.  After you've shot the COF (course of fire) he will come up to you and say: mag out, slide forward, hammer down (CLICK - pull the trigger), and holster.  There is NO time limit for reholstering either before shooting or after the COF has been shot.  Take your time and LOOK  as you are inserting your gun into the holster.
The he will say "Clear".  Then go score your target and record it and the time.

Then you'll say that was nothing.  Why did I not do this earlier!

Have fun and enjoy!
Thanks Radnor, I look forward to having a lot of fun and meeting new people.
[]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
------)_'_\ * (
"----------\ * \
"-----------\_*_\
Life NRA
Shooters Choice
DE CCDW
PA LTCF
MD Wear & Carry

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2013, 11:47:27 PM »
@@@@ it!!!  I was planning on coming up tonight.  Grrrr.  Next week maybe?! 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident