State News & Gun News > NRA & National Gun News

Man in MD faces second degree murder charges in what should be open and shut SD

(1/6) > >>

poster formerly know as Silverbullet:
Sorry if this is a repost. I did not find anything searching.

http://freedomoutpost.com/2013/11/air-force-sgt-matt-pinkerton-fires-2-fatal-shots-home-intruder-now-faces-2nd-degree-murder-charge/

Guy is told to leave a guy's house and then kicks in the door. Man shoots him and now he is facing charges. The DA believes the victim ( the person shooting)should have been able to dial 911 between the guy breakin in and him firing.

The da thinks it is strange to answer the door with a gun at 2am   "are you serious?"!!!!!!

On top of that the one being charged is a member of the US air force.

This is the kind of crap I worry about coming to Delaware and other places. It is the political climate of some states that allow this crap. He was in VA or NC I doubt there would have been an issue or PA maybe.

Moosie:
I'm having a hard time swallowing this whole case..   if things happened exactly as the article says, I can't see where there would be enough to charge him with murder.

I hope that for Sgt's sake, it did happen exactly as it was written and he'll walk away clean. Perhaps he can sue the pants off the DA who suffers from cranial rectal inversion at least to recover his legal costs he's put out.

SMH.

Moosie

poster formerly know as Silverbullet:

--- Quote from: Moosie on November 11, 2013, 01:14:56 AM ---I'm having a hard time swallowing this whole case..   if things happened exactly as the article says, I can't see where there would be enough to charge him with murder.

I hope that for Sgt's sake, it did happen exactly as it was written and he'll walk away clean. Perhaps he can sue the pants off the DA who suffers from cranial rectal inversion at least to recover his legal costs he's put out.

SMH.

Moosie

--- End quote ---

I concur moosie. I think the reason though is simply one word Maryland.

Adrenolin:
A crazed man kicking in the door and advancing on him.. and I'm guessing his 2 children were in the house at the time! If something happens to him whose to protect the children? If the story follows true then clearly SD. Just the violent fact that the guy kicked in the door and illegally entered his home should make that clear. This Neubauer DA needs to be fired. I certainly hope the charges are dropped and wish Sgt. Pinkerton the best.

As the father of a young and basically defenseless child it is my responsibility, as it was Sgt. Pinkerton's, to protect their safety.

Knock on my door at 2am know I'll be armed.. If I answer it at all. Kick the door of my home in and well that's your mistake. Pretty sure this is the same 'common sense' approach for most others on this forum as well.

ESPMan:
Apparently he goes on trial in February. I really hope he beats this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version