Author Topic: Question about knives  (Read 2900 times)

Morder Chemiker

Question about knives
« on: November 18, 2013, 05:05:09 PM »
For some reason I cant seem to find what I'm looking for in regards to if there are any restrictions (besides switchblades) for EDC with a CCDW permit. I'm looking to get something fixed blade between 4 and 6 inches to carry but wanted to check before I purchase.  I remember talking about it during my CCDW class but I've had a lot go on since then so I don't quite remember.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: Question about knives
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 06:04:36 PM »
It was discussed here: http://deccw.com/index.php?topic=2758.0
As far as I can tell, DE considers an automatic knife a deadly weapon. You have a permit to carry a concealed deadly weapon. Someone please inform me if I am reading that incorrectly.
New Castle County

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 07:02:01 PM »
It was discussed here: http://deccw.com/index.php?topic=2758.0
As far as I can tell, DE considers an automatic knife a deadly weapon. You have a permit to carry a concealed deadly weapon. Someone please inform me if I am reading that incorrectly.
Read Reply #5.  Caution, IANAL
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Morder Chemiker

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 07:15:59 PM »
I did read that thread must have skipped my mind (maybe lack of sleep with a newborn, piled on with data crunching at work).  I have been going through 11 Del. C. Section 1411 like 2.5 times and searching to find what I wanted to read and couldn't find it, but "a knife of any sort (other than an ordinary pocketknife carried in a closed position)" is what I wanted to read. And thanks guys for bearing with me even though I asked a question that has been covered.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 10:04:16 PM »
Since Delaware has a Concealed Carry of Deadly Weapon Permit it covers knives of longer than the legal size. You could virtually carry a sword concealed if you wanted.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 10:20:41 PM »
I did read that thread must have skipped my mind (maybe lack of sleep with a newborn, piled on with data crunching at work).  I have been going through 11 Del. C. Section 1411 like 2.5 times and searching to find what I wanted to read and couldn't find it, but "a knife of any sort (other than an ordinary pocketknife carried in a closed position)" is what I wanted to read. And thanks guys for bearing with me even though I asked a question that has been covered.
@Morder, no apology necessary.  We need to discuss and be familiar with the laws.  Each of us helps the other. New eyes see new issues. Please don't interpret my terse responses as irritation.  Laconic should be my middle name.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.