Author Topic: Florida vs Utah CCW  (Read 13344 times)

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
Re: Florida vs Utah CCW
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2013, 01:19:22 AM »
....  Keep in mind legally carrying in PA with an out of state permit does NOT cover you in a school zone.  So if you visit PA regularly, it would benefit you to have a PA LTCF. 

Interesting point on school zone which I thought only applied in a state where you are a resident, however the US Code says that you have to have a license in that state.  So @mrjam2jab's advice is well taken; let's keep the Lancaster sheriff's office busy collecting $20 from DE CCDW permit holders. BTW, most of the language below makes my head dizzy.

18 U.S.C.
United States Code, 2011 Edition
Title 18 - CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
PART I - CRIMES
CHAPTER 44 - FIREARMS
Sec. 922 - Unlawful acts

(q)(2)(A) It shall be unlawful for any individual knowingly to possess a firearm that has moved in or that otherwise affects interstate or foreign commerce at a place that the individual knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, is a school zone.
(B) Subparagraph (A) does not apply to the possession of a firearm
(i) on private property not part of school grounds;
(ii) if the individual possessing the firearm is licensed to do so by the State in which the school zone is located or a political subdivision of the State, and the law of the State or political subdivision requires that, before an individual obtains such a license, the law enforcement authorities of the State or political subdivision verify that the individual is qualified under law to receive the license;
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2013, 03:07:34 AM »
I would be inclined to say Utah. I think the Florida ag caved way too easy to kathleen kane, who a rep is drafting impeachment charges against since she is not upholding the pa constitution, and would rather give my money to another state.

Just my 2 cents. I realize the idea of if you live in pa you should have a pa permit, but philadelphia is abusing the law to decline people and also that "lady" did not factor in people who were not residents of florida but places like Jersey who travel to PA and like to protect themselves.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2013, 05:26:43 PM »
Yeah, when I go to Wisc., I drive from DE. to Richmond Indianna on the Ohio/Ind. border and stay overnight, then gas up and drive on to Madison Wisc., carfully driving through Ind. Since I'm retired i don't have to be in a hurry. Try to stay at or just above posted limits. Make good time and save gas.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Ginn

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2014, 08:50:33 PM »
WHOO HOOO!!!! Finally got the DE CCDW today! Only four months on the dot! Guess I'll be going to PA on Tuesday to do my PA CCW (first weekday off). Is Lancaster open on Saturdays?

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2014, 08:52:09 PM »
Congrats on DE.... Dont think the Lancaster court house is open on saturdays..
New Castle County

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2014, 08:56:19 PM »
Here is the link to Lancaster Co

http://web.co.lancaster.pa.us/372/Firearms-Unit
New Castle County

ThePixelated

« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2014, 12:59:01 AM »
WHOO HOOO!!!! Finally got the DE CCDW today! Only four months on the dot! Guess I'll be going to PA on Tuesday to do my PA CCW (first weekday off). Is Lancaster open on Saturdays?

Congratulations! Mine took 141 days. The next week I went to Lancaster and it took 30 minutes (minus the drive).

Ginn

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2014, 01:15:59 AM »
Thank you for the link and info everyone.