Author Topic: New Tactic Being Used By Anti-Gunners  (Read 4026 times)

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Hawkeye

• Life Member
  • Jihad This!
Re: New Tactic Being Used By Anti-Gunners
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 01:10:18 AM »
Control the language and you have a better chance to control the debate.

The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they suppress.
Sussex County

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 03:04:39 AM »
Control the language and you have a better chance to control the debate.

Also they like to throw red herrings out there. We talk about the second amendment and some communist, anti-american will say "So everyone should be able to have hand grenades". That really is not a legitimate argument as we are not discussing hand grenades, but weapons in "common use"
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 05:33:38 PM »
To me, I carry a pistol for self-defense. I use a shotgun for hunting. Personally I feel no need for military style high volume rifles. But, I feel that if you think you need on, OK. I have been looking at 22lr rifles and may purchase one, but have stayed away from any that look like a military or tactical weapon.  The only varmints I aim to shot with it are likely 4 legged. I am not into the "prepper" thing. When that time comes I hope to be "gone", if you know what that means.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 11:57:58 PM »
It's not a need thing. If you want one you should be able to have one. I bought an AR a couple years ago. Certainly not a need. I wanted to buy one, shoot it some and then decide to keep or sell it. After a few range trips I quickly found why they are so popular. Light, easy to shoot & maintain, high capacity, easy to change out for different calibers, uppers available for lefties and righties, etc. it's a great platform for plinking, hunting, target and home defense. It's one of the leading firearms sold to women for home defense because its light, easy to shoot and 30 rounds should certainly be enough for a perp or two breaking into their homes at night.

I still prefer my Mossberg 590A1 12g w/7 Rounds of Centurion (1)ball slug and (6)pellets & my Walther PPQ 9mm for home defense. The wife however prefers the AR over the shotgun.

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 02:02:04 AM »
To me, I carry a pistol for self-defense. I use a shotgun for hunting. Personally I feel no need for military style high volume rifles. But, I feel that if you think you need on, OK. I have been looking at 22lr rifles and may purchase one, but have stayed away from any that look like a military or tactical weapon.  The only varmints I aim to shot with it are likely 4 legged. I am not into the "prepper" thing. When that time comes I hope to be "gone", if you know what that means.

I like your attitude. You believe in letting people make their own choice on guns.

Share a story here.

My mailman once was talking to me about guns. He said "I fully support you having guns and carrying one. The permit process should not be as expensive as it is. I don't see why people need ar-15s though"

I reminded him of my area, the demographics, the crimes against the mail carriers and that he had heard about such as two gun battles in front of my home, and said  this to him. "Ok. Imagine something happens or a verdict some of the thugs in the hood dont like or obama he loses re-election. Think of the area I live in. WHo do you think its fair to assume rioters might go after?" He then said "Ok I understand nwo"
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 12:18:58 PM »
Good post about the mailman. 

This whole idea about "need" really gets me

I personally like all guns. They are tools for self defense, hunting, recreation collecting etc.

I like the history of guns and the development of the technologies

I don't " need" most of my guns but I choose to keep them.   I like Modern Sporting Rifles as well as flintlocks.

When someone says you do not "need" that black rifle and because you don't "need" it it should be banned, then I would reply who "needs" a flintlock? Therefore they should be banned. 
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2013, 05:17:55 PM »
Good post about the mailman. 

This whole idea about "need" really gets me

I personally like all guns. They are tools for self defense, hunting, recreation collecting etc.

I like the history of guns and the development of the technologies

I don't " need" most of my guns but I choose to keep them.   I like Modern Sporting Rifles as well as flintlocks.

When someone says you do not "need" that black rifle and because you don't "need" it it should be banned, then I would reply who "needs" a flintlock? Therefore they should be banned. 

Another analogy that annoys the hell out of most liberals when they say "Why to you need" or "You don't need ar-15s". I then say "well someone living in the projects, on food stamps and welfare does not need to continue popping out kids they cant afford illegitimately either. Oh that is right. That is exactly how you liberals get votes". They usually get pretty ticked, but even the "public image" conscious on this site have to know that is the case.

There is something wrong when "people" who should not be having kids and cant afford them keep having them. It is down right annoying when in 18 years they will be eligible to vote to take our guns away or rob us at the ballot box or go around playing the knockout game.