Author Topic: HB 58  (Read 4888 times)

businessajm

HB 58
« on: November 26, 2013, 09:10:22 PM »
Did HB 58 pass banning high capacity magazines?  Everything I have read seems to suggest it was passed several months ago.  Does it limit 10 to a clip for pistols, or a different amount.  If it did pass, when does it go into effect?  .........Thanks

mrjam2jab

Re: HB 58
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 10:17:30 PM »
Doesn't look like it went very far.

HB 58
I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 10:24:19 PM »
HB 58 status is that it was released out of committee to the floor or the Legislature for discussion and vote, but never was brought to the floor. This means it could be brought to the floor foor discussion ant vote within this session. If that doesn't happen it will be dead, and have to be brought as a new bill in the next session, or forgotten about. I believe the bill is in limbo because it would not have enought votes to pass due to lack of support.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

businessajm

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 12:18:43 AM »
Thanks for your help!

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 01:25:34 AM »
If you want to know the status and language of a bill, go to legis.delaware.gov and click on Bill Tracking in the lefthand column.  In the case of HB 58, select Bill Type = House Bill and type in 58 in Bill Number.

Current Status:    Out of Committee   On   05/01/2013

Last I heard in this forum, HB 58 lacks the votes to proceed in the House.
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 02:59:26 AM »
I think they know there was not much support, but delaware is a pretty sick state and it would not surprise me if they try it again.

Try limiting how many kids the welfare mothers have who statistically are FAR more likely to grow up and be involved with the criminal justices system ( most major cities and Wilmington are examples) and within 15 years you will lower crime far more than worrying about how many rounds are in a mag.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 05:37:54 PM »
Newest report by the Wall Street Journal put Delaware as the 6th most dangerous state in violent crime per 100,000 peple, to live in, in America. Way to go "Small Wonder" Guess they are trying to be #1 so they can really be "the First State".
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2013, 01:57:38 AM »
Newest report by the Wall Street Journal put Delaware as the 6th most dangerous state in violent crime per 100,000 peple, to live in, in America. Way to go "Small Wonder" Guess they are trying to be #1 so they can really be "the First State".

We did elect Obama twice so I am not surprised in the least. I was surprised that Alaska was on there, but they with Obama winning twice, plus a few of the recent decisions by our legislature it is fair to say
1, there is a lack of morality by over 50% in the stat or a deficit of decency.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"