Author Topic: New AR trigger by Tac-Con  (Read 34744 times)

Adrenolin

• Life Member
New AR trigger by Tac-Con
« on: November 28, 2013, 10:04:54 AM »
Move over SlideFire stock.. Enter the new 3MR AR trigger system by Tac-Con. Fully ATF Approved as well. Prices I've heard will be in the 5bills range but I've emailed them asking for availability date, individual, quantity and group pricing.

The 3MR is a drop-in 3-mode fire control system with Safe, Semi-Automatic, and Tac-Con™’s patented 3rd Mode. The 3rd mode has a positive reset that dramatically reduces the split times between shots. The positive reset characteristic is achieved by transferring the force from the bolt carrier through the trigger assembly to assist the trigger back onto the front sear. As a result, this gives the firearm the fastest reset possible. Both semi and 3rd mode positions exhibit a non-adjustable 4.5 pound trigger pull weight.

TwistedKarma

• Administrator
  • Life Member
Re: New AR trigger by Tac-Con
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 10:31:36 AM »
from what I've heard, the slide fire used to have a spring to return stock forward, they had to ditch that. 

So,  this will have the same fate, if I had to gamble.
Just trying to survive in the second Great Deprssion.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 08:51:55 PM »
It's possible but it looks like they have quite a bit invested into this and I'm sure they knew about the initial SlideFire spring issues. Hopefully they have worked around that legally. I'll still nab one or two when they come out.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 05:38:25 PM »
Well they are available for pre-order at only  ::) $495.00 and I know a few have shipped out. My boy got spoiled this week, small basement and office remodel and plan some work being done to the classic in my garage so I'll not be ordering one anytime soon. Maybe by spring if I decide to put off building a new garage. Anyone want a SlideFire :)

Twisted.. I was told the springs used are basically what's found in any trigger system and they have no worries in regards to the BATF. They have followed all their rules and no springs are required for their 3rd mode reset that cross lines with BATF rules. Time will tell though.

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 01:27:19 AM »
What about a http://geissele.com/ trigger? I have the SSG in my AR and it it very smooth and increased the accuracy of this shooter.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 01:31:37 AM »
What about a http://geissele.com/ trigger? I have the SSG in my AR and it it very smooth and increased the accuracy of this shooter.

That is the real deal. I cannot shoot anything else after I tried one.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2014, 03:17:03 AM »
I'm looking at building 2 new ARs this fall and the Geissele SSA-E trigger have been looked at for the builds. Haven't fully commited to it though. Read nothing but great things about them and many testimonials of once used all others need to be replaced. Haven't fired one unfortunately.

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 12:24:48 AM »
Once you try a Geissele trigger you won't settle for anything else.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 01:30:25 AM »
Seniorgeek, which one is the SSG? Did you mean the S3G?

I have the SSA, what a difference from the millspec.

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2014, 01:31:37 AM »
That was a typo. Should  be S3G.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2014, 02:49:24 AM »
That was a typo. Should  be S3G.

That is a fantastic trigger. I was very close to get one, for my application having AR as my home defense gun I decided to go with the SSAs.

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2014, 09:38:36 PM »
I understand buying a nicer trigger for target shooting, three gun, etc, but does it make sense for home defense? Why would one want a lighter trigger, shorter reset? I mainly use my BCM AR for home defense (and a little plinking), and plan to stick with the mil spec trigger.  I guess going too light on the trigger pull is the big question. Thoughts?
New Castle County

Condition 1

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2014, 10:00:44 PM »
A nicer trigger does not necessarily mean lighter to the touch. A nicer trigger has many qualities depending on the application - clean break, repeatability, predictability, timing..The SSA is a combat trigger, not a match trigger.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Geissele-AR15-Super-Semi-Automatic-Trigger-p/geissele%20ssa%20trigger%20spin.htm