Author Topic: Guy Shoots Himself at Texas Indoor Range  (Read 3081 times)

Federal Firearm

• Life Member
Guy Shoots Himself at Texas Indoor Range
« on: December 04, 2013, 01:45:42 AM »
December 3, 2013 - News: Agency Assist
Case #13-013623

On Tuesday December 3, 2013 at approximately 1106 hrs the College Station Police Department received a 911 call from an employee at 1921 Texas Ave in regards to a gunshot injury at that location.
Upon arrival, officers discovered male inside the business suffering from a gunshot wound to the head. The male was transported to the College Station Medical Center with life-threatening injuries.

Representatives of the College Station Police Department Criminal Investigations Division and Crime Scene Unit responded to conduct an investigation into the circumstances of this incident. Their preliminary investigation revealed that the male had entered the business, rented a firearm, entered the firing range and turned the gun on himself. There were no other persons present on the range at the time and there are no other persons believed to be involved. At this time there is no danger to the public and the investigation into this incident is on-going.

The family of the male has been notified and he is identified as Joshua Salisbury, a 20 year old College Station resident.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 11:22:01 AM by Federal Firearm »

joek

• NRA Life Member, USCG veteran
Re: Guy Shoots Himself at Local Indoor Range
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 06:36:55 AM »
Crazy.

Morder Chemiker

Re: Guy Shoots Himself at Texas Indoor Range
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 02:47:54 PM »
I heard this happened once at Target Master.

Federal Firearm

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 02:54:10 PM »
I heard this happened once at Target Master.

twice

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 09:38:29 PM »
That's why non members cannot shoot alone with a rented gun at Targetmaster.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 09:40:23 PM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

ThePixelated

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 02:50:35 AM »
I've seen stories like this like once every few months.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 04:37:05 AM »
That's why non members cannot shoot alone with a rented gun at Targetmaster.

Nice in theory, but.. "Hello, I've had an interest in getting a firearm for home defense and possibly my ccdw later. If I'm going to have a weapon I'd like to learn how to be proficient with it. I'd like to buy a membership and perhaps try a few handguns you might suggest would suit my purpose." Clerk creates new Membership, gives the guy a quick run down on a suggested firearm or two and perhaps even has the range officer give him a few pointers. He is doing well so RO leaves. Ohh wait... Kid shoots himself.

Wait a sec.. kid buys a new handgun and rents a lane. TargetMaster does allows that. Ohh wait... Kid shoots himself.

Kids today are simply babied and not taught to toughen up, grow up, take it like a man, sticks and stones, etc. They whine and cry about everything. Kids NEED some bullying and hard knocks to prepare themselves for life and parents who actually parent their kids through those times. Like adults don't get bullied. We don't need the anti bullying laws that are being lobbied for so much today, but instead teach our kids how to stand up for themselves. Today's kids are soft and weak because thats how society has made them. Think suicide is high now.. wait another 10 years.

I'm not saying this was a bullying situation as I've been unable to find much information regarding the case, however the lack of parenting today's children and youth I personally believe is a significant cause for these cases. Add to that the number of single parent families, entitlements, poverty, etc and its a nation of weak minded people. ...and its growing!

I feel bad for the family and kid but...

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2013, 11:46:59 AM »
I'm not saying this was a bullying situation as I've been unable to find much information regarding the case, however the lack of parenting today's children and youth I personally believe is a significant cause for these cases. Add to that the number of single parent families, entitlements, poverty, etc and its a nation of weak minded people. ...and its growing!

I feel bad for the family and kid but...

Well said, and I am in totall agreement.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County