Author Topic: No more lead for bullets?  (Read 4179 times)

MarkB

• Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
Re: No more lead for bullets?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 09:51:59 PM »
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/dec/2/obamas-epa-smelter-closing-will-not-affect-ammunit/

Gun owners can rest easy about one aspect of President Obama’s agenda. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
decision to close the country’s last remaining lead smelter will not cause further ammunition shortages or higher costs.

Lawrence Keane is the senior vice president and general counsel for the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF),
which represents the ammunitions and firearms industry.

“Manufacturers use recycled lead to make ammunition. They don’t buy from smelters,” Mr. Keane told me Monday.
“The EPA closing, which has been in the works for a while, will have no impact on production, supply or cost to the consumers.”

NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

MarkB

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 10:04:07 PM »
Good info, Radnor.  Thanks.
NRA Benefactor Member
USCG, 1963-1967, GM-3

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 03:36:43 PM »
Going to copper only ammo, IMO, is not the best of ideas either. The economical impact it'll have nationwide in the coming years will be heavy.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 04:31:53 PM »
This is a great opurtunity to recycle old used auto batteries. They are almost totally recyclible lead and plastic.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 10:53:52 AM »
Thats where most ammo lead comes from now.. recycled batteries. :) We have a box in the garage where we toss all our used batteries and recycle it every year or so. Having a young boy we go through a LOT of batteries.