Author Topic: Maryland Reciprocity (an actual possibility)  (Read 12680 times)

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: Maryland Reciprocity (an actual possibility)
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2013, 10:36:56 PM »
Silverbullet

Maryland is a extremely Liberal/Progressive State. Why would you expect anything else. Delaware probably not too far behind.
Although I was born and raised in MD. I have lived in DE. for over 45 years. Wouldn't go back to livve in MD on a dare.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 10:39:28 PM by SturmRugerSR9 »
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

jstgsn

• Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians.
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2014, 07:09:41 PM »
The wife and I have gone to OC and stayed at the Princess Royal.  With their current laws I wrote a letter to the hotel telling them we will not be visiting their city again.

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2014, 07:38:36 PM »
and you can add NJ to that as well...frown going into either state...
New Castle County

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2014, 08:55:35 PM »

+1. I have to do both periodically. Blechh!
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

ESPMan

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2014, 10:21:44 PM »

+1. I have to do both periodically. Blechh!

I feel your pain Cbmarine. I have family in north Jersey, and I hate passing through Maryland.
The greatest threat to any society is its ignorance and inaction towards the evil that dwells within it.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2014, 10:22:24 PM »
We headed out New Year's Eve to see the Christmas lights at Herrs in Notingham PA.  Was thinking of going up 896 from Newark and remembered that you go through MD for a couple hundred yards.

Cut over to Possum Park and Chambers Rock Road to avoid Maryland

Had a nice dinner in PA.  Would have considered Wesley's on 273 if Maryland would show some respect.  

Pennsylvania got our money.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2014, 10:52:59 PM »
I received a reply from Maryland Delegate Jeannie Haddaway-Riccio on the email I sent her about HB 62. She grew up in the same  small town area of Maryland that my wife and I did and we have known her all her life, as well as her parents and family. She said the bill was written and entered pretty quick by Del. Mike Smigiel, which may haver been a rookie mistake on his part. She said she would have liked to sign on as a co-sponsor, as she has supported bills of this nature in the past and will continue to in the future. She said she would try to keep me posted on this bill. I have gotten good response from her in the past. And, yes, she is a Democrat, but moderate to conservative.
I will update you all when I hear something.
Hope you are all contacting people you know in MD. and getting them involved in this. Doing nothing helps the anti-gunners. They love to say that "the people just didn't show any interest in this". The people, that would be you.
I hate it when I hear people say, "I hope somebody does something about it" . Don't wait for someone else, be somebody yourself.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2014, 12:39:01 AM »
I have an idea. don't know if it can be done/ What do y'all think

1, Maryland has a serious issue with constitutional rights ( that benefit conservatives) such as gun rights. Yet they have no issue redefining marriage or allowing those illegally in the country to steal college spots from American kids.

2, Maryland is run by democrats

3, Democrats love taxes and fees so they can spend money ( mostly on losers) to buy votes to remain in power

4, Many people who have permits in Delaware go to or would like to go to some places in Maryland. Many of those in Maryland with permits ( they do have some especially business owners )and many on the border would like to shop here for tax free stuff) and cheese steaks. We like their crab cakes

With both these being the case is there a way that Maryland and Delaware could offer non-res permits to people from Maryalnd and Maryland could offer them to Delaware for say $20-$50 for a five year permit based on the qualifications of both states.

1, this would have some revenue boost for both states
2, citizens could protect themselves in Maryland and with proper marksmanship against thugs who try to rob them crime and the tax burden could be reduced ( democrats would see this as bad)

Bascially what my idea would be is for both states to offer a "neighbor" non-res permit. They get some fees. We get to protect ourselves and also people might go to MD more. I am not suggesting non res permits in general more of a one state non res offering between the two states and if they want to offer similar arrangements with other states then fine.

No I don't think we should have to do this, but its just an idea of how we can protect ourselves. If the team is stopping you every time you run it might be time to pass.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

mrjam2jab

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2014, 02:01:11 AM »
She said the bill was written and entered pretty quick by Del. Mike Smigiel, which may haver been a rookie mistake on his part. She said she would have liked to sign on as a co-sponsor, as she has supported bills of this nature in the past and will continue to in the future. She said she would try to keep me posted on this bill.

Cosponsors can't be added after a bill is introduced? 
I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2014, 02:15:21 PM »
She said the bill was written and entered pretty quick by Del. Mike Smigiel, which may haver been a rookie mistake on his part. She said she would have liked to sign on as a co-sponsor, as she has supported bills of this nature in the past and will continue to in the future. She said she would try to keep me posted on this bill.

I said she would have liked to co-sponsor this bill, if she had the chance before it was rushed to the floor. I think Smigiel is a fairly new Delegate and made a mistake. Jeannie has been a good pro-gun advocate. She was a co-sponsor of last years National reciprocity bill the was voted down in Maryland.

Jeannie grew up in the little town of Neavitt, Maryland. An area well known for hunting and gun owners. She has been around guns all of her life.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

mrjam2jab

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2014, 10:14:06 PM »

I said she would have liked to co-sponsor this bill, if she had the chance before it was rushed to the floor. I think Smigiel is a fairly new Delegate and made a mistake. Jeannie has been a good pro-gun advocate. She was a co-sponsor of last years National reciprocity bill the was voted down in Maryland.

I read what you wrote.  My question was because I have seen in other states that co-sponsors get added to bills after the bill is introduced.  I Was wondering if MD doesn't allow for this. 

Smigiel has been in the House since 2003 so he's not very new anymore. 
I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.