Author Topic: Don't forget your gun...  (Read 11810 times)

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
Don't forget your gun...
« on: December 22, 2013, 10:35:03 PM »
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=9369261
The Riverfront is a nice, upscale, safe area of Wilmington, right?
Maybe not so much:
WILMINGTON - December 22, 2013 (WPVI) --  A group of teenagers were arrested and charged with robbing a man in Wilmington, Delaware.

It happened around 6:30 Friday night on the 500 block of South Justison Street.

Police say the teens approached a 24-year-old man, struck him several times and displayed a handgun.
"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed."
--Sheriff Bud Boomer, Canadian Bacon

Just Bill

• Life Member
Re: Don't forget your gun...
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 10:48:48 PM »
Close to the vally so the hoods don't have to walk far, and the pickins are easy.
NRA Cert. Instructor Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun
NRA Lifer
NRA RSO
DE/PA CCDW permits
AGI certified gunsmith--Cowboy Action/1911/Glock/rifle/pistol/shotgun/rimfire
AGI Firearms Appraiser/FFL 01
AGI certified Master Gunsmith

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 11:05:03 PM »
Close to the vally so the hoods don't have to walk far, and the pickins are easy.

That's exactly how I see so many places in northern Delaware.
I told my wife that I'd consider moving to that area... if, and only if, she agreed to carry a large-caliber handgun at all times.

robberbaron

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2013, 11:16:10 PM »
I live in north Wilmington and have spent the last 6 months looking on Trulia at properties in Chester, Berks, Lancaster and Bucks Counties. I have even toured several houses and open houses on the weekends. I have lived here for most of my life, but the last 5 years have been the worst. The stores, traffic, banks, theaters, etc. are not what they used to be. I feel like an outsider most of the time. The city of Wilmington is a shell of what is was even 30 years ago and has moved out of the city limits, as there are few stores, etc. that have survived in the city. Now the suburbs are getting trashed. I have no intention of being here in 5 years, hopefully less.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 11:32:29 PM »
@OGG, do your public service for the Riverfront.  Go to more IMAX movies. :)
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 12:44:04 AM »
@OGG, do your public service for the Riverfront.  Go to more IMAX movies. :)

My lawyer just bought a new car. I'm sure he wouldn't mind the extra money.

groundgrid

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2013, 02:31:57 AM »
It's not all bad here in Northern NCC. Almost like living in PA  but with no sales tax-just don't drive south across the city line.
I can even deer hunt in my back yard, not much of a challenge but still fun. Plus all of the neighbors are Republicans.
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

ESPMan

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2013, 02:48:17 PM »
In the last couple of years, I have done nothing but see violence and crime claim our streets and our loved ones. That is why I chose to become a CCDW holder. Sometimes people roll their eyes and give me the whole "Oh god, here we go..." speech when we discuss it, and then I wonder if I'm just being paranoid. Then I turn to the news and see that people are getting shot and homes are being invaded just around the corner from my house. While I breathe a sigh of relief that I am not the paranoid one, it is mind numbing that people don't take it for what it is. I choose to be prepared, whether I am going to Philly, or running to the store for a loaf of bread. Its good to see that there are more people in the world (you guys! ;)) that are just as "paranoid" as I am.
The greatest threat to any society is its ignorance and inaction towards the evil that dwells within it.

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2013, 03:50:38 PM »
I had to make a JFK run Saturday (unarmed, of course), so I was listening to 1010 WINS for the traffic reports.
One of their main news items, of course, was the arrest of four people in the carjacking murder at the posh Short Hills Mall.
U.S. Attorney Paul Fishman said authorities had worked hard to find the suspects, in order to ensure that the people of Essex County are safe.

“Whether you live in Essex County – or anywhere in New Jersey – work here, go to school here, or are just passing through, you deserve safety,” Fishman said. “You shouldn’t have to worry when you get in your car that someone is going to put a gun to your head. That is why we are working so closely with all levels of law enforcement to take these violent offenders off the streets and to make it clear these crimes will not be tolerated.”

In particular, he said, nobody should have to worry “that someone will put a gun into your head and take your car.”

Well, we all do have to worry. Some of us do more than worry: we prepare for the worst.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2013, 06:01:05 PM »
I had to make a JFK run Saturday (unarmed, of course), so I was listening to 1010 WINS for the traffic reports.
One of their main news items, of course, was the arrest of four people in the carjacking murder at the posh Short Hills Mall.
U.S. Attorney Paul Fishman said authorities had worked hard to find the suspects, in order to ensure that the people of Essex County are safe.

“Whether you live in Essex County – or anywhere in New Jersey – work here, go to school here, or are just passing through, you deserve safety,” Fishman said. “You shouldn’t have to worry when you get in your car that someone is going to put a gun to your head. That is why we are working so closely with all levels of law enforcement to take these violent offenders off the streets and to make it clear these crimes will not be tolerated.”

In particular, he said, nobody should have to worry “that someone will put a gun into your head and take your car.”

Well, we all do have to worry. Some of us do more than worry: we prepare for the worst.

I don't understand why a liberal doesn't understand the implied guarantee of "nobody should have to worry". Our tax dollars at work.  OK, traveling 'naked' bothers me too. 
New Castle County

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2013, 07:53:24 PM »
I don't understand why a liberal US Attorney doesn't understand the implied guarantee of "nobody should have to worry".

Hope you don't mind, but this liberal took the liberty of fixing that sentence, using the answer you provided immediately following it:

Our tax dollars at work.

“It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.”
― Upton Sinclair

Cbmarine

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2013, 09:44:03 PM »
I don't understand why a liberal US Attorney doesn't understand the implied guarantee of "nobody should have to worry".

Hope you don't mind, but this liberal took the liberty of fixing that sentence, using the answer you provided immediately following it:

Our tax dollars at work.

“It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.”
― Upton Sinclair

Oh boy, another misfire! Not quite the response I had expected but you did "rise to the bait".  Love the Upton Sinclair quote.  My implication was, that since the government has all the answers, any self-respecting liberal would believe every official pontification, and "not worry". But since you did not respond as expected, I am doubting your credentials.  Your turn :)
New Castle County

oldgraygeek

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2013, 11:39:53 PM »
Oh boy, another misfire! Not quite the response I had expected but you did "rise to the bait".  Love the Upton Sinclair quote.  My implication was, that since the government has all the answers, any self-respecting liberal would believe every official pontification, and "not worry". But since you did not respond as expected, I am doubting your credentials.  Your turn :)

You seem to be mistaking me for the media caricature of a liberal...   8)
I trust the government about as much as you do. I simply believe that making millionaires much richer over decades by slashing their taxes, while failing to build upon or even maintain infrastructure built by Eisenhower, has been a disaster.
I don't want to raise your taxes... unless you're making a huge amount of money, in which case I do. Guilty as charged!

Cbmarine

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2013, 01:21:12 AM »

You seem to be mistaking me for the media caricature of a liberal...   8)
I trust the government about as much as you do. I simply believe that making millionaires much richer over decades by slashing their taxes, while failing to build upon or even maintain infrastructure built by Eisenhower, has been a disaster.
I don't want to raise your taxes... unless you're making a huge amount of money, in which case I do. Guilty as charged!
Well, I agree with the "end", i.e., infrastructure and partially with the source but I think that you will agree that we need to streamline and refocus the middle.  Using an industry term, there is too much "friction loss" in our government.  I worked 1.5 years specifying a new disability case management program for Social Security. You should see that place - sprawling.  Also I'd like to see everyone that was in the U.S. Congress in 2003 gone. And then term limit the whole crew.
New Castle County

Cbmarine

• Life Member
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2013, 02:58:25 AM »
@OGG, in reading your second to last sentence in Reply #12, it appears that you were verbose with words, so I took out the extra ones to extract what you really said which is: "making a lot of money, which I do". Yep, thought so.  Tax time is just around the corner.  Pack it up and load up the Treasury!
New Castle County