Author Topic: Maryland Reciprocity (an actual possibility)  (Read 12683 times)

groundgrid

• Life Member
Maryland Reciprocity (an actual possibility)
« on: December 28, 2013, 04:51:55 AM »
The following bill has been filed for the 2014 session of the Maryland legislature:

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2014RS/bills/hb/hb0062f.pdf

While Maryland is well known for not being gun friendly, this bill is one of the few pro-gun initiatives that may actually pass.
Being an election year and last sessions unprecedented backlash from gun owners, anti-2A politicians in Maryland are desperate to redeem themselves.

Start now & tell all of your friends, family & associates across the boarder to contact their representatives & voice their position in support of this bill.
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: Maryland Reciprocity (an actual possibility)
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 04:49:58 PM »
I grew up on the Eastern Shore of Maryland, have lived in Delaware for about 45 years, and visit Talbot County, MD. often. I have had a DECCW for several years. I pisses me off when I go over to MD. and have to leave my pistol home. So, you can see I have a vested interest in wanting this bill to go through the MD. Legislature. There is a House member that grew up in the area that I did, although she is a lot younger that I, her parents and I are friends.  She is a Democrat, but more of the conservative, than the usual Liberal/Progressive you find now-a-days. I will be writinh er today and often to encourage her to vote YEA on this bill.
Hope all of you will go to the State of MD Legislature website and find Legislators to send positive encouragement to in thhis matter.
If you know MD. residents or family, get them on the ball to help.

Maybe it will be a Happy, Happy, Happy New Years after all.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 07:09:08 PM »
There I did it. I just finnished a email to Jeannie Haddaway-Ricci, the Maryland State Delegate from Talbot County, about HB 62.
I encouraged her to pass the email along to any and all of her colleages in the MD. Legislature.

Now let's see others from Delaware do some contacting of their own. Anything worth having is worth fighting for, right?

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

mrjam2jab

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 05:47:49 PM »
This bill has been introduced several years in a row now.  I don't recall it getting very far.

Good luck tho!
I'm not a gun nut.  I'm a 2nd Amendment enthusiast.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 09:38:30 PM »
Election year coming, and there are a lot of hunters and Pro-gun groups in Maryland, in addition to the NRA. There is certainly no reason you can contact Maryland Delegates in support of this bill.

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2013, 11:53:48 PM »
Let's just say I won't be holding my breath on this one.  But even if it passes all my mags will still be illegal.
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 01:16:33 AM »
Let's just say I won't be holding my breath on this one.  But even if it passes all my mags will still be illegal.

Maryland does not ban possession of "high capacity" mags. Only bans sale or transfer of new ones
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 01:47:44 AM »

Maryland does not ban possession of "high capacity" mags. Only bans sale or transfer of new ones

I thought it band people out of state from bringing them in.  Does it not?
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2013, 01:57:37 PM »
I have printed HB 62 and checked it a couple times and there is no firearm on the list that I own, or intend on owning. The point of the bill I am interested in is the concealed carry, as I'm originally from MD. and go there often to visit friends and relatives, and would like to be able to carry my pistol  legally, like I am able to in 29 other states.
I am aware that there are Federal laws in effect that permit you to transport a gun through MDm but not in a concvealed carry mode. I don't know of too many people that would need or want to carry a AK-47 or AR-15 (or other listed weapons)concealed, or for what purpose.
I question how many people from Delaware have the need to go to MD. carrying assault weapons (modern sporting weapons) with them on a regular basis. I'm thinking less than 50 out of over 300,000. But I feel there are a great many DECCW holders that go to MD on a regular basis to visit friends, relatives, or for business reasons. Delaware is #6 out of 50 on the list of states with the most voilent crimes per !00,000. MD. is #9. Get my point?

DECCW Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative

groundgrid

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2013, 02:05:17 PM »
Typical hard to read legislation.

Line #22:  "Regulated firearm" means:
Line #23       (1)  a handgun; or

So it covers all handguns plus the list of specific evil rifles.
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

JKRight

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2013, 02:22:16 PM »
As for the need to carry modern sporting rifles into MD, my club is in MD and there a good number of DE residents that belong.  There are rifle competitions and general target practice that take place with these rifles.  As I understand it, we are fine to transport to and from, as long as the ammo and weapon are locked in separate cases.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2013, 03:55:41 PM »

I thought it band people out of state from bringing them in.  Does it not?

I cannot find any language that bans transport or possession. 

As for CCW in Maryland.  No chance absent a court order or a Federal law
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2013, 06:01:28 PM »

http://deccw.com/index.php?topic=3151.0  reply #9
Your mags are fine.
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2013, 06:34:26 PM »
My wife usually goes to ocean city in march for a handbell festival ( There is such a thing) I actually just started going with her. Other than that we don't go to Maryland and I am sure there are people from PA and DE who will not. I think if MD would offer some recip they might actually get some more revenue. I would consider vacation there. Right now I only go to states like VA and PA that respect my carry rights.

Got to love Maryland.

They Pass sexually challenged marriage ( upheld by voters)
They pass in state tuition for illegal immigrants ( upheld by voters)

Yet they treat gun owners like criminals ( voters have not had their say on that except at election time and all the leehes in places like Baltimore who vote for a living out number those who work for a living)
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Newlife503

• Life Member
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2013, 06:51:48 PM »

http://deccw.com/index.php?topic=3151.0  reply #9
Your mags are fine.

Awesome, thanks guys!
NRA Life Member
DSSA Member
DE,PA,FL,UT CC Permits
New Castle County