Author Topic: Questions from the medical profession. Be alert.  (Read 3122 times)

seniorgeek

• Life Member
Questions from the medical profession. Be alert.
« on: January 10, 2014, 02:51:16 PM »
I received this from a friend who just happens to be "the law enforcement supervisor" at Trijicon.

His account from a recent doctors visit.

"The nurse asked the following along with all the other regular questions. I told her I refused to answer because it was against the law to ask.!!...
Everyone, whether you have guns or not, should give a neutral answer so they have no idea who does and who doesn't.  My doctor asked me if I had guns in my house and also if any were loaded. I, of course, answered yes to both questions. Then he asked why I kept a loaded gun close to my bed. I answered that my son, who is a certified gun instructor and also works for Homeland Security, advised me that an unloaded, locked up gun is no protection against criminal attack.

The Government now requires these questions be asked  of people on Medicare, and probably everyone else.  I'm just passing this along for your information:

I had to visit a doctor other than my regular doctor when my doctor was on vacation. One of the questions on the form I had to fill out was: Do you have any guns in your house.? My answer was "It's none of your business.!!"  And so it is out there.!  It is either an insurance issue or government intervention.  Either way, it is out there and the second the government gets into your medical records (as they want to under Obamacare.!) it will become a major issue and will ultimately result in ' lock and load'!!

Please pass this on to all the other retired guys and gun owners... Thanks, from a Vietnam Vet and retired Police Officer: ... I had a doctor's appointment at the local VA clinic yesterday and found out something very interesting that I would like to pass along... While going through triage before seeing the doctor, I was asked at the end
of the exam, three questions:

1. Did I feel stressed.?
2. Did I feel threatened.?
3. Did I feel like doing harm to someone.?

The nurse then informed me, that if I had answered, yes, to any of these questions, I would have lost my concealed carry permit as it would have gone into my medical records and the VA would have reported it to Homeland Security.

Looks like 'they' are going after the vets first. Other gun people like retired law enforcement will probably be next. Then, when they go after the civilians, what argument will they have.?  Be forewarned and be aware. The Obama administration has gone on record as considering veterans and gun owners potential terrorists.   
YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.!

If you know any veterans please pass this on to them. Be very cautious about what you say and to whom.!! "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
Re: Questions from the medical profession. Be alert.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 03:14:17 PM »
That doesn't look like a letter written by a Trijicon supervisor. Bad grammar, and bad punctuation. So I checked snopes. Nothing came up specifically about this letter, but plenty of hits about this general rumor.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/medicare.asp
New Castle County

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 06:15:52 PM »
Simple answers here would be.. No. No. and No.

Its no business to anyone if I have a firearm, don't have a firearm or have 500 firearms.

jstgsn

• Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians.
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 06:30:50 PM »
Snopes is great for checking about 500 pound cats and so forth, but anything political comes up and they throw themselves far left.  The article used as an example says there is no law ordering doctors to ask the questions but does not say anything about the political appointees and lawless orders issued from our government.  There was no law saying the IRS had to target the Tea Party.  No law saying the NSA could spy on Americans.  But here we are. 

fdegree

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 08:42:17 PM »
About a year ago, I posted the quoted section below, on another forum.  This questionnaire was supposed to be filled in by my daughter.  She was 11 at the time, so I filled it in.  As I was going over this questionnaire, I took the time to teach my daughter. I asked her to read each of the questions and tell me if any were pertinent to the reason we were at the doctors office. She even realized these questions had nothing to do with our visit. So, I told my daughter that these questions were none of their business and they were not going to get answers from us.

I hope she remembers this someday.

I took my daughter to the pediatrician’s office the other day. Now, it had been a year since her last visit, so they had me fill out a questionnaire. My wife has always taken her to the doctor in the past, so maybe this is routine and I never knew about it. Anyway, I found some of the questions very personal and invasive. Here are a few examples:

Do you have access to weapons?
Does anyone in your household smoke?
Do you wear a seatbelt?
Do you feel threatened?
Do you have any friends?
What kind of grades do you get in school?

There were many more that I can’t remember right now. If the question had no direct bearing on the medical purpose of our visit, I refused to answer them. I was never pressured to answer them either, but they were certainly inappropriate.
Violence, when there is an alternative, is immoral.
Violence, when there is no alternative, is survival.
-Unknown-

A battle avoided cannot be lost.
-Sun Tzu-