Author Topic: Awesome article that was in my email!!  (Read 1833 times)

glockblocker

Awesome article that was in my email!!
« on: January 10, 2014, 07:13:11 PM »
Outrage in Connecticut...

You’ve heard the term before. It’s called gun control.

As expected, much of this new, sweeping legislation has been in response to the Sandy Hook school shooting that occurred in Newtown in December of 2012. One particular new law requires anyone in possession of a so-called “assault” weapon or high-capacity magazine to register or declare them with state police—or risk felony charges and a minimum one year in prison.

The deadline for this registration was January 1st, 2014. Forgive my sarcasm, but what an ironic way for a state looking to increase safety in their schools to start off the new year.

This past week, thousands of responsibly armed Americans lined up in Connecticut to abide by the new law (i.e. register their semi-automatic rifles and declare their high-capacity magazines). In other words, they lined up so that the government could exploit their desire to follow the rules and could infringe upon their natural-born rights.

Again, ironic, considering Governor Malloy’s claim that “you don’t lose the right to have them, you just have to say you have them.”

Perhaps the most ironic thing is that honest, law-abiding citizens are the ones who are lining up to register their weapons. And let’s be honest, law-abiding citizens are the very last people we need to be keeping tabs on.

According to an article that appeared in The Blaze, “Not one gun owner who was registering firearms or magazines said they think the new laws will reduce gun violence.”

“If people are going to do things illegally, they’re not going to be here registering their gun,” Jared Krajewski, a resident registering firearms, said.

And even if a thug or two does register his weapons, tell me how having his name on a list is going to prevent him from taking his weapon any place he wants and doing what he wants with it?

The fact is, this law does nothing more than destroy the rights of law-abiding Americans.

Think of it this way: if anti-gun legislators create new laws in response to every tragic event or every call for more gun control, they will eventually eliminate our ability to protect our children. All the while, the real bad guys will continue hiding their guns and their magazines until they decide to shoot up another school.

And I don’t know about you, but I simply refuse to stand—in line or otherwise—for that.