Author Topic: Delaware Bill Squashed  (Read 6223 times)

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Delaware Bill Squashed
« on: January 14, 2014, 11:08:07 PM »
The Delaware bill about "mental health" or another gun control bill as it were, has been squashed in the Delaware Legislature. The scuttlebuck has it that gun control bills may be hands off this election year.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

SteveMiller

Re: Delaware Bill Squashed
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 11:29:18 PM »
Oh, they are going back under the radar until they can get elected again.  We need a good grass roots strategy to keep them out.  How do we associate the ones that voted against our rights by linking them to Bloomberg and the nanny state he represents?
Steve Miller
DSSA
NRA Life Member
Gun Owners of America

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 11:48:37 PM »
Instead of playing defense all the time, we should take the opportunity to push some PRO 2nd amendment bills through the system.
New Castle County

SteveMiller

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 01:06:00 AM »
Great point Lumspond.
Steve Miller
DSSA
NRA Life Member
Gun Owners of America

jstgsn

• Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians.
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 01:25:09 AM »
Could someone give me a link to confirm that?  Not that I don't believe you but just this morning there were reports of it being pushed through.  Many outsiders had come in to support it.  Like we don't have enough skunks in the woodpile already. 
thanks
fred

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 01:44:28 AM »
It was on many news channels tonight that it did not get introduced either in the senate or house.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

fdegree

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2014, 01:48:07 AM »
Could someone give me a link to confirm that?  Not that I don't believe you but just this morning there were reports of it being pushed through.  Many outsiders had come in to support it.  Like we don't have enough skunks in the woodpile already. 
thanks
fred

From the WBOC web site...http://www.wboc.com/story/24449418/del-senate-fails-to-revive-gun-prohibition-bill

An effort to revive a bill expanding the ability of Delaware authorities to prohibit people with mental health issues from having guns has failed in the state Senate.

The bill, pushed by Attorney General Beau Biden, won overwhelming passage in the House last year before being dealt a stunning defeat in the Senate.

Under their rules, Senate lawmakers had three legislative days, a period ending Tuesday, to rescind the vote.

But in talks behind closed doors, members of the Democrat-led Senate failed to garner enough votes to rescind the vote on the opening day of this year's legislative session.

A spokesman for Biden said the attorney general's office isn't giving up on the issue, but the bill's chief sponsor said he doesn't expect revised legislation to come up this year.
Violence, when there is an alternative, is immoral.
Violence, when there is no alternative, is survival.
-Unknown-

A battle avoided cannot be lost.
-Sun Tzu-

jstgsn

• Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians.
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2014, 01:49:36 AM »
Thank you.  Much appreciated.  (sp?) 

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2014, 02:18:35 AM »
Don't expect to get news like that in New Castle County.   Salisbury TV gives much better Delaware coverage.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2014, 03:19:13 AM »
I just saw on cbs tonight that someone from Newton came down to testify.

I feel bad the person lost his son that is a tragedy, but this yankee rear end has no business coming down here telling us how to run our lives. He should get a life and realize that his loss does not change our rights.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

kent

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2014, 01:33:06 PM »
About 50 of us were at Leg. Hall yesterday and we helped carry in boxes of petitions against HB 88. Different pro gun organizations were there and so were anti-gun representatives from Newton and from what I understand (not sure) representatives from Colorado. Immediately after the opening of the Gen. Assembly a recess was called for about 2 hours but I had to leave. I woke up this morning to find HB 88 was defeated.
We really NEED more pro gun representation (demonstrators) at Leg. Hall when these Bills are brought up. WE had the Legislators attention!
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER
DSSA LIFE MEMBER
KENT COUNTY

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2014, 02:14:11 PM »
Kudos to the 912 Delaware Patriots, the NRA, the DSSA, and others, that helped get HB88 killed. Like Lumspond said earlier, this would be a good time to introduce some Pro-2 Amendment alternatives. Can't think of anyone better than Senator Dave Lawson to get that going.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

firststatefirearms

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2014, 07:54:30 PM »
I contacted Rep. Hudson.  She stated that "Gun Bills" most likely will not come up.
An armed citizen refuses to be a victim.

ThePixelated

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2014, 09:39:22 PM »
This bill is coming back, but with some changes... http://www.wdel.com/story.php?id=56188

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2014, 10:43:06 PM »
This bill is coming back, but with some changes... http://www.wdel.com/story.php?id=56188

A so called friend of the gun owner selling us out? I am shocked. They need to realize you cant negotiate with progressives. You give an inch and they want a mile.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"