Author Topic: SB-23 ON COMMITEE DOCKET FOR JAN 22ND  (Read 16386 times)

groundgrid

• Life Member
SB-23 ON COMMITEE DOCKET FOR JAN 22ND
« on: January 16, 2014, 04:34:57 AM »
SB-23 Seeks to remove the premtion of local firearms regulations.

This bill is on the Senate Judiciary Committee schedule to be heard on Jan 22 at 1:30pm.

I don't know if this is intentional or if it was automatically scheduled.

Pease contact Senator Marshall ASAP & tell him where to shove it.
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it
(The reason why Liberal/Progressives have waged a war on Christianity)

fdegree

Re: SB-23 ON COMMITEE DOCKET FOR JAN 22ND
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2014, 10:49:22 AM »
I'm having trouble finding where it states that this bill is on the Senate Judiciary Committee schedule to be heard on Jan 22 at 1:30pm.  It's probably me, not searching in the right place.

Anyway, for those that are interested in reading what this bill is all about...

SB-23:   http://legis.delaware.gov/lis/lis147.nsf/vwlegislation/E0FFAF089E89235185257B2C006257F3
This act would repeal Section 111 of Title 22 of the Delaware Code in its entirety, and eliminate the limitations imposed upon municipalities to regulate firearms and ammunition within their jurisdictions.

Section 11 of Title 22:   http://www.delcode.delaware.gov/title22/c001/#111
The municipal governments shall enact no law, ordinance or regulation prohibiting, restricting or licensing the ownership, transfer, possession or transportation of firearms or components of firearms or ammunition except that the discharge of a firearm may be regulated; provided any law, ordinance or regulation incorporates the justification defenses as found in Title 11. Nothing contained herein shall be construed to invalidate municipal ordinances existing before July 4, 1985, and any ordinance enacted after July 4, 1985, is hereby repealed. Notwithstanding the provisions of this section to the contrary, the City of Wilmington may, in addition to the nature and extent of regulation permitted by this section, enact any law or ordinance governing the possession or concealment of a paintball gun within its corporate limits as it deems necessary to protect the public safety.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 02:13:22 PM by fdegree »
Violence, when there is an alternative, is immoral.
Violence, when there is no alternative, is survival.
-Unknown-

A battle avoided cannot be lost.
-Sun Tzu-

groundgrid

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2014, 12:10:15 PM »
Link to meeting schedule:

http://legis.delaware.gov/LIS/lis147.nsf/e9d78be8177d8709852568b00075fa2c/8eadafecaf44c1c485257c60005cc0b0?OpenDocument

How to get there:

go to:
http://legis.delaware.gov/
then click
"Bill Tracking"
then click
"Meeting Notices" under the Senate heading

You will then be able to choose the schedule for each of the committees.
Here’s the real issue: when your religion is government, and government is god, you cannot tolerate any other God before it

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 01:00:07 PM »
Another bill to keep an eye on is HB 62.  It modifies the same 22 Del C § 111. Limitation on firearm regulations but only for the City of Wilmington.

"Additionally, the City of Wilmington may enact laws, ordinances and/or regulations prohibiting, restricting or licensing the ownership, transfer, possession or transportation of firearms or components of firearms or ammunition."
SPONSOR:  
Rep. Bolden & Sen. Marshall
Reps. Baumbach, J. Johnson, Longhurst, Potter

Both these bills are regressive. The courts are ruling in favor of the 2nd Amendment, e.g., Chicago and Corps of Engineers.  Both bills clearly violate Delaware Constitution Article I Bill of Rights
"§ 20. Right to keep and bear arms.

Section 20. A person has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of self, family, home and State, and for hunting and recreational use.

WE DECLARE THAT EVERYTHING IN THIS ARTICLE IS RESERVED OUT OF THE GENERAL POWERS OF GOVERNMENT HEREINAFTER MENTIONED."  
http://delcode.delaware.gov/constitution/constitution-02.shtml#P95_7849
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 01:27:32 PM by Cbmarine »
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

fdegree

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 02:09:35 PM »
Link to meeting schedule:

http://legis.delaware.gov/LIS/lis147.nsf/e9d78be8177d8709852568b00075fa2c/8eadafecaf44c1c485257c60005cc0b0?OpenDocument

How to get there:

go to:
http://legis.delaware.gov/
then click
"Bill Tracking"
then click
"Meeting Notices" under the Senate heading

You will then be able to choose the schedule for each of the committees.

Thank You!!!

I was on that site, but couldn't seem to navigate to the proper page.
Violence, when there is an alternative, is immoral.
Violence, when there is no alternative, is survival.
-Unknown-

A battle avoided cannot be lost.
-Sun Tzu-

groundgrid

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 08:24:56 PM »
SB-23 is now the top item on the list of bills to be considered in the Jan 22nd meeting.

Not sure if this means anything but...

Also, haven't several of us been told that the gun bills will not be brought up this session?

The following are members of the Senate Judiciary Committee:

Patricia M. Blevins
Gregory F. Lavelle
Harris B. McDowell III
F. Gary Simpson
Bryan Townsend

Please contact them early & often.

groundgrid

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 03:33:19 AM »
Please contact your senator ASAP & ask about their position on this bill.

Post their replies on this thread so that I can track them & add to the voting record spreadsheet.

Thanks

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 12:52:03 PM »
My reply from Patty Blevins:
I am opposed to SB 23.

I sent this off to Patty Blevins and Larry Mitchell:

Dear Mrs. Blevins;
(CC: John Mitchell)

I hope this finds you well.

I WOULD LIKE A REPLY OR PHONE CALL AS TO YOUR POSITION ON SB 23.

The increase in violent crime is alarming.  SB 23 will do NOTHING and have no impact
on a criminals activity, as CRIMINALS do not respect or follow the laws now.  Instead, it
could make a criminal out of a law abiding citizen like myself.  Currently, we have a set of
uniform laws that cover the entire State.  Should SB 23 pass, we would have a laws that
change from one local jurisdiction to the next.  If I or any other law abiding citizen did not
know ALL the firearms laws from one jurisdiction to the next, we would become Delawares'
newest criminal.

Should SB 23 pass, do you think a criminal will say, "I cant go into Wilmington with this gun,
it's illegal there?"  I don't think so.  I think he/she will just do whatever they want.

SB 23 does NOTHING to address the CRIME PROBLEM.

Again, please take the time to email or call me with you position on SB 23.

Thank you,

Radnor
My address and cell number...
NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 02:46:17 PM »
And a little (HOPEFULLY) good news from Jeff Spiegelman:
"I agree.  Without her support, it might not even come to the floor for a vote"
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2014, 06:18:27 PM »
Just sent this e-mail to the SB 23 Sponsors and to my Senator and Representative.
Dear Senators and Representatives

Please provide your position on SB 23, AN ACT TO AMEND TITLE 22 OF THE DELAWARE CODE RELATING TO MUNICIPALITIES AND LIMITATIONS ON FIREARM REGULATIONS.
Please respond by e-mail or phone call before considering SB 23 on Wednesday, January 22nd.

Please provide your rationale to violate the Delaware Constitution which states the following in the Bill of Rights
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
§ 20. Right to keep and bear arms.

Section 20. A person has the right to keep and bear arms for the defense of self, family, home and State, and for hunting and recreational use.

WE DECLARE THAT EVERYTHING IN THIS ARTICLE IS RESERVED OUT OF THE GENERAL POWERS OF GOVERNMENT HEREINAFTER MENTIONED.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why are you proposing a change to the Delaware Code that is not in concert with the Delaware Constitution?

Why do you want to create a patchwork of firearms laws in the State of Delaware that only the law-abiding citizens will obey?

Why do you want to ensnare the law-abiding citizen that strayed unknowing into a local fiefdom with an arcane local law? Especially one passed recently?

Why do you want to inhibit the defense of self, family, home and State?

Dover City has a no open carry firearms policy.  How’s that working out?

Given Judge Winmill’s order to the Corps of Engineers to stop enforcing the firearms ban, Judge Chang’s ruling that the Chicago ban on sales and transfers of firearms is unconstitutional, Heller I and Heller II, what is the likelihood that SB 23, if passed, will be struck down also?

Sincerely,
New Castle County

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2014, 06:25:52 PM »
Below if the reply I received from Bethany Hall-Long.. (Middletown)

On Jan 17, 2014, at 12:44 PM, "Hall-Long, Bethany (LegHall)" <Bethany.Hall-Long@state.de.us> wrote:

Hello Adrenolin

I appreciate hearing  from you. Thanks for the feedback. I am cc'ing my LA Bryan (Gordon) here as well.

Please know I do not support SB 23 as written & agree with the "patchwork jurisdictional" concerns you raise.

Call on me anytime H 378-8386 or O 744-4039

Yours
Bethany

Cbmarine

• Life Member
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2014, 07:08:22 PM »
Who is "her"? Henry? Bolden? Keeley?  Don't see anything in the thread to identify her.
New Castle County

groundgrid

• Life Member
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2014, 07:11:21 PM »
Senator Hall-Long & Blevins have been placed on the NO list

Current probable voting score is as follows:

Nay: 11
Yea: 10

This is based on past voting history on gun bills.

Primary objective is to have it killed in committee.

Getting a 2/3 majority against these bills would go a long way in insuring that they do not continue to come up.

JOET

• Life Member
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2014, 07:43:02 PM »
there is also a HB 62 in there as well, that is kinda the same as SB 23..
New Castle County

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2014, 09:53:18 PM »
Who is "her"? Henry? Bolden? Keeley?  Don't see anything in the thread to identify her.

Blevins