Author Topic: Carney puts NJ rights ahead of Shaneen Allen  (Read 3575 times)

SteveMiller

Carney puts NJ rights ahead of Shaneen Allen
« on: September 22, 2014, 11:29:56 PM »
I know that nobody is surprised, but Carney puts NJ's right to prosecute a single mother of 2 for illegally possessing a firearm above Shaneen Allen's rights as a citizen.  Oh, and he wants to ban our magazines and semi-autos. 

Dear Mr. Miller,

Thank you for taking the time to contact me about our nation's gun laws. I appreciate your input and thoughts on this incredibly important issue.

As a U.S. Representative, I take seriously my responsibility to uphold the Constitution, including the Second Amendment right of Americans to own guns and defend themselves. That said, I believe we can uphold the rights of law-abiding citizens to own firearms while keeping guns out of the hands of criminals and those who are severely mentally ill. The tragic events in Isla Vista and Newtown, and before that in Aurora, Tucson, and at Virginia Tech, make clear that Congress needs to take action to help protect our citizens, our children, and our law enforcement officials from gun violence.

For that reason, I'm a cosponsor of legislation that will get extended magazine clips and military assault weapons off our streets and away from our classrooms. I'm also a cosponsor of legislation that would strengthen our background check system, to keep guns out of the hands of known offenders. I also support efforts to increase access to mental health services and provide teachers and counselors with the training they need to identify mental illness in young people.

As a gun owner myself, I support the rights of Americans to own firearms. However, as a parent and public servant, my heart breaks for those who have lost their lives due to senseless acts of gun violence. In addition to enforcing existing gun laws, Congress should take measured actions to protect our citizens while preserving Second Amendment rights.

On February 6, 2013 Congressman Marlin Stutzman (R-IN) introduced H.R. 578, the Respecting States' Rights and Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act.  This bill would allow a person with a valid permit to carry a concealed firearm in his or her state of residence to carry a concealed handgun in any state.  H.R. 578 has been referred to the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations, upon which I do not serve.  Should this or similar legislation come before the 113th Congress I will be sure to keep your views in mind. That said, when similar legislation has come before the Congress in the past, I have opposed it because I believe each state should have the ability to enforce its gun laws and enter into reciprocal agreements with other states without federal interference.

I appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with me regarding this serious matter. I am grateful for the trust Delawareans have placed in me and take seriously my responsibility to represent them in Congress, and I look forward to serving you in the coming years.

Sincerely,

Steve Miller
DSSA
NRA Life Member
Gun Owners of America

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
Re: Carney puts NJ rights ahead of Shaneen Allen
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 12:24:46 AM »
"Buzz off @SteveMiller, and take your magazine clips with you! I'll keep your views in mind and then vote the opposite way." Or do you have a "military assault weapon"? Given his ignorance on terminology, Senator Carney should call check with one of the trainers on this site and get an education starting with the 4 Gun Laws. 
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

ThePixelated

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 01:16:49 AM »
It's amazing that all three of our Congressional representatives say that they are gun owners and believe in the Second Amendment, but they all co-sponsor bills that slowly take away our Second Amendment rights. (Probably because they exempt themselves from such laws.)

You can write then and explain how you feel about something, just don't expect to like their replies.

Carper, Coons and Carney all need to get ousted from their career seats in politics.

Radnor

• Administrator
  • Life Member
  • New Castle Co.
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 12:52:39 PM »
What he really said is in red....

As a gun owner myself, I support the rights of Americans to own firearms. "I have a gun.  Not sure where it is. when was the last time I fired it, Hell, I don't know"

Congress should take measured actions to protect our citizens while preserving Second Amendment rights. "Screw you and the 2A too.  If we have anything to do with it, everyone will stripped of their 2A rights. EXCEPT us."

I will be sure to keep your views in mind. "P iss off"

That said, when similar legislation has come before the Congress in the past, I have opposed it because I believe each state should have the ability to enforce its gun laws and enter into reciprocal agreements with other states without federal interference. What are you some kind of gun nut?  Just call the police like everyone else.  They have lots of that really cool yellow tape to mark off the crime scene.  And as far as chalk, we just approved funding for a bucket of crayola multi colored side walk chalk - no more boring white chalk only.

I appreciate your taking the time to share your thoughts with me regarding this serious matter. "Did I mention, P iss off?

I am grateful for the trust Delawareans have placed in me and take seriously my responsibility to represent them in Congress, and I look forward to serving you in the coming years. "I live off the tax payers dime.  I love it!  This is a dream come true job, get paid for doing absolutely NOTHING!

Sincerely,

NRA Certified Instructor and Training Counselor
CRSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection In and Outside The Home, Home Firearm Safety, & Reloading.

Knowledge, skills, & experience have value. If you expect to profit from someone's you should expect to pay.