Author Topic: Airline / TSA Approved Handgun Case  (Read 4239 times)

joek

• NRA Life Member, USCG veteran
Airline / TSA Approved Handgun Case
« on: January 18, 2014, 05:32:47 AM »
Anyone have a airline / TSA approved case that they can recommend that I can find locally?

firststatefirearms

Re: Airline / TSA Approved Handgun Case
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 01:56:41 AM »
You may use the supplied gun case from the manufacturer as long as you can install a padlock.  That case may but stowed in a checked bag of luggage.  I have used a pelican case in the past.

Make sure you check the TSA and your airline rules and regulations for transporting a firearms.
An armed citizen refuses to be a victim.

joek

• NRA Life Member, USCG veteran
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 01:27:45 PM »
You may use the supplied gun case from the manufacturer as long as you can install a padlock.  That case may but stowed in a checked bag of luggage.  I have used a pelican case in the past.

Make sure you check the TSA and your airline rules and regulations for transporting a firearms.

Chris, I decided to go with a dedicated piece of luggage.  I went with a SKB 3I-1510-6 case.  I work for an airline and I know what luggage goes through so I wanted something well built and with a lifetime warranty.  It's getting it's first test today.  My Glock and S&W are taking a little plane ride with me.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 02:11:57 PM »
Get yourself a GunVault 2000. It is under $30.00 and comes in a key lock version. It is FAA approved. Comes with a 1300lb. test cable that can be used to secure it to the seat frame in your car as well. I have on and love it. Will hold up to a 1911 size gun.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Lumspond

• Life Member
  • NRA life member
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 07:10:36 PM »
"Make sure you check the TSA and your airline rules and regulations for transporting a firearms."
And have printed versions with you.
New Castle County