Author Topic: Appendix Carry  (Read 5339 times)

lems902

Appendix Carry
« on: January 25, 2014, 09:47:25 PM »
So, I've been seeing a significant increase (so I think) in pro-appendix carry videos and writings lately.  I seem to like to increase in consealability, retention and secruity of the firearm being in front of your body, but I think my biggest concern is comfort.  I thought I would see how many people have tried appendix carry - and what your thoughts are pro and con.
New Castle County
NRA Patron Life Member
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
DE/PA/FL CCDW permits

JayClark79

Re: Appendix Carry
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 02:36:05 PM »
I have tried it, and as long as your standing it is very comfortable....  the second you sit down, or bend over it becomes extremely uncomfortable.... the gun will point directly into your crouch, or into the front of your thigh..... the only thing to prevent this is pulll your pants up as high as you can..

robberbaron

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 05:01:42 PM »
I have a Gould and Goodrich IWD for a Glock 26 (and sometimes G23) and it is for the most part comfortable. I just don't like where the barrel ends up pointing sometimes.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 06:37:41 PM »
I know a few folks over on the Walther forums who do. One guy says he has been making his own holsters to add extra cant and some others have followed suit. They all say the carry all day, standing, sitting, driving, etc and its quite comfortable.

Personally.. We're talking 2 weapons which shouldn't mix nor be this close to each other. Ever!  ;D I'll leave my sidearm where it belongs.. On my side.

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 07:33:14 PM »
Don't like this at all.   Gives me the creeps.
OWB all the way for me. 
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Cbmarine

• Life Member
  • III Marine Amphib Corps. My dad’s shoulder patch
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 08:46:24 PM »
Rob Pincus and Mike Seeklander at Personal Defense Network are proponents of Appendix Carry.
http://www.personaldefensenetwork.com/video/002954_advantages-of-appendix-carry/
In one video, Pincus demonstrated a two gun carry: a pair of J-frame 38s, one at AC and the other SOB or close thereto. Didn't change my mind but he has an excellent video of aftermath actions.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 08:51:24 PM by Cbmarine »
Just a smelly deplorable dreg of society clinging to God and guns.
New Castle County
_..  .  _._   _..  ..._ _  .  ._.

Adrenolin

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 09:11:22 PM »
Comes down to training also. If you can carry safely and comfortably by AC or SOB and train to draw, shoot and holster fine. I'm sure someone out there has a handgun duct taped between their shoulder blades. :) If it works who am I to say otherwise. I've tried AC and didn't like it. I've also tried SOB and really didn't like that. 90% I'm IWB at about 3:30 or OWB with a revolver at same location.

Give it a try but it'll require a proper AC holster with the corrected cant or better yet something with adjustable cant so you can tweak it to your liking.

sethinde

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 01:16:05 AM »
I have been interested in AC for a while now, but I just finally decided on a holster after much trolling on many forums and websites.  I went with a G-code INCOG holster from here.

http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/INCOG.html

It will take a few weeks for it to be made and shipped and I will post back my thoughts after I have a few weeks to train and practice.  I am already thinking about ordering the extra mag caddy that can be attached to the INCOG but will wait until I decide if I like AC.  The good thing about the INCOG is that you can use it at any position on your belt.

I will be carrying an XDs 9mm in this holster.