Author Topic: Another "gun free zone" shooting.  (Read 3120 times)

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Another "gun free zone" shooting.
« on: January 25, 2014, 07:07:32 PM »
Shot gun shooting in Gun Free Columbia Mall in Maryland.  3 dead including the presumed shooter. 
Might be a domestic situation carried over. 

Maybe the shooter was unaware or didn't see the No Firearms sign.
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

Re: Another "gun free zone" shooting.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 12:28:18 AM »
I am so tired of this propaganda. There is no way that this happened in a gun free zone. I wish they would quit putting these lies out when it can't really happen since gun laws are tough.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

Obleo

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2014, 01:51:02 PM »
Maybe a few more "common sense" gun laws will fix this problem.
Proud resident of Kent County DE

glockblocker

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2014, 02:08:35 PM »
As I am aware of this since I work in Howard County with this said they still have the mall closed as of yesterday and yes this was a domestic, the shooter took a cab to the mall, assembled the Remington 870 from his back pack by the food court bathroom, was seen walking upstairs to Zumies store and shot the 2 store employees, one which was his ex and the other she was engaged to. They plan on opening the mall no later than tuesday and investigation still ongoing, these apparent "signs" are placed just on entrance doors and it appears everyone adheres to them (joking) the "signs" are the worst thing.  Also seems like Maryland new gun laws are working cause they said he purchased the shotgun in December from another county other than Howard cause he lived in College Park which is Prince Georges County, i think they said he purchased it in Montgomery County but don't quote me!!

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2014, 05:02:00 PM »
Sounds like she had really bad choice in men and it costs two people their lives.
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"

seniorgeek

• Life Member
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2014, 09:26:06 PM »
Maybe a few more "common sense" gun laws will fix this problem.

You are so funny,  :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NRA Member
Combat Veteran
Southeastern Sussex County

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2014, 10:10:30 PM »
I am so tired of this propaganda. There is no way that this happened in a gun free zone. I wish they would quit putting these lies out when it can't really happen since gun laws are tough.

You're kidding, right?

The mall is a designated area where possessing a firearm is prohibited. Last time I checked, that made it a "gun free zone".  Bottom line is that while carrying concealed can (and does) prevent or limit mass shootings, because this is a domestic a ccw'er might have saved one life but they were targeted individuals. I could care less that the shooter offed himself. He saved the taxpayers money and his mission was (unfortunately) complete. 

This is a great example of how MD's crackdown has done zip for gun violence. 

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2014, 11:48:41 PM »

You're kidding, right?

The mall is a designated area where possessing a firearm is prohibited. Last time I checked, that made it a "gun free zone".  Bottom line is that while carrying concealed can (and does) prevent or limit mass shootings, because this is a domestic a ccw'er might have saved one life but they were targeted individuals. I could care less that the shooter offed himself. He saved the taxpayers money and his mission was (unfortunately) complete. 

This is a great example of how MD's crackdown has done zip for gun violence. 

Moosie

I agree with you on what CC and being armed can do. I am just saying that according to the majority of the senate and the current occupant of the oval office this crime must not have happened because the bad guy would never break the law and bring a gun there.

Yes I am joking.