Author Topic: Oklahoma Senator proposes "Piers Morgan Act"  (Read 2484 times)

Clarence

• Life Member
  • Liberty and Independence
Oklahoma Senator proposes "Piers Morgan Act"
« on: January 25, 2014, 04:11:04 PM »
Thought this was interesting. Kind of like an anti treason law being called the "Benedict Arnold" act.   Apparently Mr Moregun is not amused and wants the senator on his show on Monday. 

Here is the news article:

State Senator Nathan Dahm of Tulsa proposed House Bill 1473, also called the 'Piers Morgan Right to Constitutionally Keep and Bear Arms Without Infringement Act'. It's so named because Morgan has been quite vocal with his anti-gun views.

Senator Dahm is unhappy with the current self defense act and wants no gun control, citing that it's hard for minors and the elderly to be able to properly protect themselves because the price of the concealed carry classes are too expensive for those on a fixed income or those that don't have the time to jump through the hoops.

Dahm's proposed law would allow anyone to carry a firearm without a license; any firearm, whether its a long rifle, shotgun, or handgun. He believes its our right to do so.

"It's that under the 2nd amendment, we have the right to," Dahm said. "That's where a lot of people are confused about the 2nd amendment. We have a right to be able to do that in self defense."
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 04:16:30 PM by Clarence »
DE MD PA VA FL ccw. NRA Life Member. DSSA member. Sussex County

Quod non me necat me fortiorem facit.

SturmRugerSR9

• Life Member
  • Made in America
Re: Oklahoma Senator proposes "Piers Morgan Act"
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 05:09:58 PM »
Morgan needs to have his visa revoked.
I'D RATHER HAVE A GUN IN MY HANDS, THAN A COP ON THE PHONE!

I reserve the right to not be perfect.

PROTECT THE 1ST AND 2ND AMENDMENT!

DECCW Permit Holder
Former PA (non-resident) Permit Holder
NRA Member
USAF Veteran
Kent County
Former Lobbyist
Christian/Conservative
I cling to my GOD and my gun

Moosie

• Life Member
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 08:17:06 PM »
I agree, I'll even pay for his ugly rear end's plane ride back to the "gun free" England he hails from.

Dahm is trying to have his act passed that would permit all law-abiding citizens over the age of 18 to open carry a loaded or unloaded gun without a license in the state of Oklahoma. Imagine what could happen to crime if this passed... not just in OK, but all over. I'd sign for that to be passed 10 times over.

Moosie
"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers)

Southern Kent County Resident

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 12:07:48 AM »
Morgan needs to have his visa revoked.

I would let morgan stay if they shipped Obama back to kenya ;D

I actually was hoping PA would pass a constitutional carry law or at least pass that law that residents of places like Philadelphia could go to other counties since Philly likes to be picky. I think they should call them the Kathleen Kane act.

I think they had a debate and for your viewing pleasure

http://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/oklahoma-state-sen-nathan-dahm-piers-morgan-face-off-on-cnn-debate-over-guns-2nd-amendment

Also people like Piers can easily be cured of not only of being progressive, but also being anti-gun. Piers has money and probably lives in neighborhoods that are lilly white and don't have much if any crime.

I would say take any liberal and have them live in a place like say the rough section of Wilmington or Detroit for one week and they will be cured and understand why decent people need guns. Now for it to work they would have to live like a regular person, not carry weapons since they are against it. Also it will be most effective on white liberals.

I do believe someone like Nancy Pelosi, if she had to live in a place like that for one week, would run screaming within a couple hours screaming "I just wanted their votes. I did not think I would have to live with them". I think many would really change their politics.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 12:24:27 AM by silverbullet »
"We are all entitled to our own opinions, but we are not entitled to our own facts"